PDA

View Full Version : Only one day, help me decide.

RockChalkKimball
03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Just found out last week that I get to go to Orlando for work. Yipppee!!I am going with another co-worker and we decided to go a day early, so we could spend one day at WDW. I have been 8 times, but this will be her first time. However, she is taking her DD and grandkids in May. She is very excited to have a "veteran" show her around, before she takes her family.

For some reason her DD has it in her head that they won't like MK, so she wants to skip it... What??? Is she nuts?? The grandkids are in still in elementary school!!

Anyway... since this a last minute trip, and I didn't have time to save up, we will only be able to do one day. I think she would really love EPCOT, but she thinks maybe she should go to MK, so she will be able to convice her DD to go there when they come back in May. What do you guys think? We are both educators, so I think EPCOT will appeal to the teacher in her. She said I could decide, but since I have been so often, I want her to choose. Any advice?

HairyBear
03-02-2008, 02:17 PM
If the DD in question has kids and will be going in May and is a teacher my family consensus is EPCOT. Maybe try a character meal with her to gauge how receptive she would be to MK!

faline
03-02-2008, 03:37 PM
If I only had one day in Disney and couldn't visit two parks in that day, I'd choose the Magic Kingdom.

DDuck66
03-03-2008, 11:12 AM
I would go for Epcot. It has the benfit of being educational as well as magical!!! It has fast become one of our favorite "worlds".

caryrae
03-03-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't know if it would ruin her first visit but you could show here the planning video and let her see the MK and Epcot section and she what she thinks.