PDA

View Full Version : help me pick my week

debandbub
03-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Please! We (two grown adults) are meeting my brother and his family (his wife and daughters 11 and 7)in WDW in November. They're going to be there 11/1-11/9. I wanted to overlap our trips so that we each had some alone time with our respective groups. Sooo...do we go 10/29 to 11/4, or 11/6 to 11/12? We're going for just 6 nights. This will be their first trip as a family, so I want to give them the opportunity to do all the "firsts" without the crazy aunts hanging over their shoulder, but on the other hand, I know they will benefit from our experience. I should mention that my SIL is wonderful, and she said it doesn't matter to her when we choose, and my nieces are just thrilled to have us come along because they know what big Disney fans we are.
I think the deciding factor for us will be the crowds. Which week will be less crowded? I know MNSSHP will be going on for the earlier time frame, but that's not a big concern for us, since the girls wont be there yet. Does the later time frame encompass Jersey week? Is that a busy time? We've been there early November with no big crowds, but that was a few years ago. Sorry to be so long winded, but I appreciate all of your advice!:mickey:

scootch713
03-02-2008, 10:24 AM
I would go early... as the presidential election is this year and many schools have that tuesday off.... and it is jersey week too. Typically the last week of October isn't bad.

dismommy
03-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Teachers convention in NJ is Thursday November 6 and Friday November 7, and many people take their kids out of school all week. We have in fact decided to travel November 8-15 to avoid the worst of the Jersey week crowds ( will hopefully only hit one day) because we were on our honeymoon in DW 8 years ago.