PDA

View Full Version : First Night

stitch34
03-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Wondering which would be better for a 4 year old for our first night. We will not have tickets to the parks yet, so we were thinking of going to either Boardwalk or the campfire at Fort Wilderness (with the movies and singing with characters).

We've always wanted to do both but we aren't sure what there is at Boardwalk in the evening. Is it true there are games and entertainers like magicians???

Thanks for any help.:mickey:

playdead88
03-02-2008, 08:55 AM
the boardwalk has jugglers and a guy with a bike that is like a one man band which is cool and there are street magicians - they have an ice cream shop and bakery - there is also a cart that has hot dogs and fries - we actually stayed at the boardwalk and would go down everynight to check everything out - oh there is also a girl who does those hair wraps

the FW campfire sounds fun too - we are staying at WL this year for the first time so we are planning on checking FW out

don't forget about DTD - that may be an option for a first night when you don't have tix to the parks yet :thumbsup:

ledudes
03-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I have not tried either of those, so I couldn't say, but another option is to go to Downtown Disney. It is a lively place to walk around....you could go to the big Disney store or the other toy store and play with the Mr. Potato Head section, or there is lots of play areas at the Lego store where there are usually lots of kids to play with...top it all off with a Giradelli sundae:tasty:

faline
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd suggest a character meal at either the Contemporary or Grand Floridian followed by the campfire and movie.

Depending on how long you've traveled, your 4-year-old might be too tired on arrival day to do more than the dinner!

quicksand
03-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Depends on what time you arrive. We like to have dinner at Chef Mickey's, then ride the monorail as long as we like. :mickey:

figgie
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Definitely the FW campfire with the characters. I don't find the boardwalk that great for the younger set. My Grandson is 4 and he would rather go for the characters. The Boardwalk at night is really a more adult place to go.

Tinksalot
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with Figgie. I think a child would get bored (no pun intended) with the Boardwalk. I would do FW campfire.:mickey:

wdwfansince75
03-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Our Grandkids (and our kids) are anxious to see the parks.....since an extra day is now only about $2 per ticket, they usually do MK the first night, even if it is only for a few hours. POTC is usually their first stop, or TTA....seems to get juices flowing.... and they can do either together.

Usually, late in the day, IASW lines are short.....good start for a 4 year old....caution....it may lead to nightmares....you, not him.

scootch713
03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
We usually do a character meal that first night... so they get some character fill.. and then when we get to the parks, they are more interested in doing other things, rather than finding Mickey/Minnie right away.

Have never done Boardwalk, but the FW campfire with Chip and Dale might be really fun(and again, get some character interaction before heading to the parks) We planned on doing it our last trip, but the pool won out. :thumbsup: