PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Disney Dining

Aurora's Spindle
03-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Which WDW restaurants have you found to be enjoyable for a romantic evening? We've been thinking of the Coral Reef in Epcot, the Contemporary's California Grill, and Narcoossee's at the GF, but I'm interested in hearing opinions on others. :mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-02-2008, 12:44 AM
I've eaten at all three...and the food is equally good...HOWEVER the noise level at Coral Reef and at California Grill at times can drown out conversation...expecially if you are by the cooking area at the Grill...SO...I would opt for Narcoossee's. Other recommendations would be in order of my preference: Jiko at AKL, Artist Pointe at WL, OR Citross at GF...(although I've never eaten at Citross I've checked it out and it looked VERY romantic)
:pirate:

Natazu
03-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Jym's Top-7 Most Romantic Restaurants at WDW:
7. San Angel Inn
6. Narcoossee’s
5. Le Cellier
4. Citricos
3. Flying Fish
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I would recommend Narcoossee’s or the CA Grill. If you go to the CA Grill, ask to be seated in the small dining room in the back. There are only 5 or 6 tables there, and it is very quiet and romantic. Artist's Point is a good choice. I haven't tried Jiko yet but it is supposed to be wonderful! Are you celebrating a special occasion or are you just having a kid-free night?

busterthebronco
03-02-2008, 09:16 AM
i am not a cali grill fan but it is a nice place.
i think coral reef is cool but not very romantic.
narcoosees wins out of the three.
i like the artist point suggestion.
my DW and i like eating mickey bars sitting in our rockers at pioneer hall at FW.:cloud9::blush:

AllDisney
03-02-2008, 04:54 PM
We think, of the restaurants we eaten at so far, that Artist Point & Jiko get our votes for a romantic dinner choice:mickey:

Aggie97
03-02-2008, 05:31 PM
I'd pick Narcoossee's over CA Grill. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary there, and it was wonderful, as were our previous visits. We prefer the food, service, atmosphere and location at Narcoossee's. We haven't eaten at Coral Reef. :mickey:

Aurora's Spindle
03-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Thank you all for your recommendations! My fiance and I will be going early on next year and would love to have a few romantic meals mixed in with the rest of the fun. :mickey:

pox24
03-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Believe to or not, I think its the San Angel Inn in Mexico. Yep. Its dark, quiet, priced well and tasty. You are not bothered. Some may argue that V & A is better. I say no. The price and the many courses served interfere with the romance and peace of the experience. After dinner we also take the boat ride.:thumbsup:

eam
03-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Flying Fish is a good idea, but Citricos is a better choice. Relax order one thing at a time and take advantage of their wine pairings as you get the right wine with your food and it saves you money.

Duchess99
03-03-2008, 09:24 PM
California Grill...hands down. The food is fantastic and you can't beat the view.
2nd choice would be Jiko.

sloslo
03-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Definitely Citrico's at the Grand Floridian and San Angel Inn at Mexico.

SurferStitch
03-04-2008, 03:44 PM
1. Victoria and Albert's. Romance factor is off the scale! You are treated like royalty, and the restaurant is very elegant. Amazing service, food and wine. An elegant, yet very comfortable setting. We always love every single meal we have here.

2. Narcoossee's. Out of all of the "regular" resort restaurants, this is our very favorite (V&A will always be tops for us). Again, amazing food, service and wine. We eat here every time we visit WDW (will dine here TWICE on our next visit). Make your ADR so you can see Wishes from the deck, or your table.

3. Cali Grill. Good and service are great, as is the view, but it's pretty loud, and not very romantic. I still highly recommend making an ADR here...you won't be sorry.