PDA

View Full Version : Member Website frustrations

JPL
03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Ok I signed up at the member website and now it won't let me back in when I enter my information it asks for all the things that i used when I first signed up and then say they aren't valid & that I the user name is already taken. Any ideas how to solve this problem

vizsla
03-02-2008, 06:50 AM
I would try it again and if you cannot access the website then my suggestion would be to call member services.

Maleficent's Dad
03-02-2008, 07:38 AM
One problem that I've noticed is that if you're "logged in" with any other (official) Disney website, they don't recognize you at DVC.

In other words, if you're logged in at WDW's site, and you haven't logged out, they won't let you log into DVC's site.

It's pretty weird, I know.
DVC's website is extremely tempermental in our experiences!!!

TinksDH
03-02-2008, 08:58 AM
You may want to try clearing your browser cache and/or deleting your cookies and reboot. I've had to do that to get into other websites that need a username and password...

princessjojo
03-02-2008, 09:08 AM
I had some similiar issues when I changed my email address late last year. From that point it wouldn't recognize my old or current log in information. When I called member services, they didn't help one iota. I finally ended up creating another account with the initial numbers sent to us on those postcards. I just used my DH's postcard numbers and let my computer store the log in info in my google autofill and haven't had any issues yet. It really can drive you crazy though. I do understand your pain.

Ian
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I have this same problem. I've called like 4 times and it just keeps happening over and over again. I honestly have just given up.

Their website is awful. I've cleared cookies, cache, deleted all offline content ... everything. And it just doesn't help.

wendy*darling
03-02-2008, 02:59 PM
In other words, if you're logged in at WDW's site, and you haven't logged out, they won't let you log into DVC's site.
That's what happened to me. In February I was entering the online Dreams sweepstakes everyday when I turned on my laptop each day. I use a different user name and password for regular Disney web stuff.
All of a sudden, I could no longer log onto DVC anymore.
I finally started using my DVC login on the sweepstakes site, and lo and behold! I was automatically logged into DVC when I went back to their website.

Very odd- and not user friendly at all.
But I do find enough info on there that I do visit often. Especially to answer member questions here on INTERCOT! :thumbsup:

dlpmikki
03-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't know if it is still there but when I first logged on to the DVC website I had the option to use the same logon/password as all other disney sites. I selected that option and apart from having to change a favourites site once it has always worked.

JPL
03-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Mikki

That's exactly what I did linked the 2 accounts and now it won't let me in the DVC portion and says I already have an account with my membership. Overall just very frustrating. I guess I'm going to have to call them and raise a little :thedolls:

JPL
03-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey it only took 13 days and a call to Member "lack of" services to receive a response :shake:

Dear Jeffrey,
Thank you for contacting Member Services. I apologize you are having challenges logging into dvcmember.com. In order to better assist you, and for security purposes, we require some additional information. Please provide us with the following details via return email: Your 12 digit Member ID Number:Your complete home address:Your phone number:Your birthday:Your current email address:If you have recently changed email address, please also provide your previous email address: Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely, Larry Member Services
Online CommunicationsDisney Vacation Club

Too bad I already had it fixed over the phone I would have loved to see how long it would have taken sending another e-mail :rolleyes:

dlpmikki
03-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey it only took 13 days and a call to Member "lack of" services to receive a response :shake:

Too bad I already had it fixed over the phone I would have loved to see how long it would have taken sending another e-mail :rolleyes:

If that is the same Larry who has been responding to the glasses and mugs questions then no wonder he took ages and didn't get it right! :D:thedolls:

JPL
03-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Mr Larry Member Services (should that be hyphinated:confused: ) must be a busy guy or maybe the only one working there ;)