PDA

View Full Version : Best moderate with 9yo and 5yo?

4MAXWELZ
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
We are beginning to make our plans for our next trip--Thanksgiving '09. We are looking at all of the moderates and can't decide! If we were to choose a resort solely based on what it has to offer our children (ages 5 & 9), where should we stay? Thanks!

Dakota Rose
03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I think they would really like the pool and theming of CBR. My personal favorite is POR, but the pool isn't as exciting as CBR. Maybe PO would be good too with that cool dragon waterslide.

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 07:26 AM
I would suggest POFQ (nice themed pool with dragon slide, lively breakfast environment, opportunity to wander to POR to go fishing) or CSR (prob. best pool slide of the mods.)

buzz2001
03-02-2008, 07:48 AM
CSR!! It has a pool/slide you kids would love, great transportation, and awesome food options.

Check out my just back thread

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=127137

#1donaldfan
03-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Our kids love POR AB.... there are 5 quiet pools and the one big one, 'ol man river....it's very nice for that mid day or mid night swim...they can ride bikes, personal water craft, and much more, but for us it's just a place to relax a bit between parks...

4MAXWELZ
03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the recommendations! We had been thinking about CSR, but we were a bit intimidated by the size and amount of people staying there. However, chances are slim that a convention will be going during Thanksgiving week. I'm sure that there will still be plenty of people there, but not many (if any!) convention goers.

McGoofy
03-02-2008, 07:01 PM
We usually include our 9 yo son in the discussion of where we would like to stay. (We usually stay in a moderate resort. We just always have to decide which one since we like them all.) His input can often be pretty humorous as to why he does or does not like something. As for a 9yo boy's opinion, here are my son's thoughts: He is not a fan of Carribean Beach. The featured pool is small and doesn't have a lot to offer. [Now as a side note, they are remodeling that... or as my 9yo said, "it's under remodulation.";)] He really likes POR. He is impressed with the mansions. He says the pool area is his favorite. He also likes being able to ride the boat back and forth to FQ. (You are allowed to share the pools at those 2 resorts.) CSR is his second favorite because the pool has an awesome slide.

Now from a mom's opinion: We have enjoyed all of the moderates. I love POR because of Boatwright's being on site. The food there is really good. I also like Bob Jackson, a crazy piano player that plays on several different nights in the lounge. It is VERY family friendly. My son was laughing his head off when we were there last December. POR and FQ are sister resorts, so you do have the boat that goes back and forth between the two resorts if you want to check out the other resort's food court or swimming pool. The FQ swimming pool is really cool too. They have a dragon slide. The food court and the pool area are Mardi Gras themed, so they are very colorful and I think that would be appealing to young children.

CSR seems to be more catered to adults--probably because it is a convention center. For example, they now have a lounge/dance club on site ("Rix") that you have to be 21 and over to get into. I would think that you would be right about no convention goers during Thanksgiving. However, convention attendees are actually a plus for regular guests. When conventions are in progress, the attendees are in conference at the resort. Therefore, the buses are not crowded going to the parks and the pool isn't very crowded.

I hope this information helps you.

scootch713
03-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I would go POFQ since it is small, less walking for them. The 5 year old could use their slide as well as the 9 year old.