PDA

View Full Version : WIFI in parks

Victor Kelly
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Is there WIFI access available in the parks? I want to be able to upload pic to my server from my laptop during the trip this coming October

Duchess99
03-01-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't now of anywhere that has free WIFI, but if you're staying on property you can pay for access in your room.

DizneyRox
03-01-2008, 03:39 PM
There is no free WiFi on property that I know of. And WiFi is oly available in many of the public areas of the deluxe hotels. In room often requires a hard wired connection, unless you are close enough to the public areas.

Cost is always $9.95 for a 24 hour period.

Polynesian Dweller
03-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Here's the link to the Intercot internet access info. WDW connectivity (http://http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/computing/howtoconnect.asp)

As they say, its all pay for access and there is no public access WiFi in the parks though there is some at Wide World of Sports (its also pay). There is connectivity in the resort rooms via cable and some have pay for use WiFi in the common areas but not the guest rooms.

Minnie4me
03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
No offense, but leave your laptop at home.

You are on vacation for crying out loud!!

That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7.

Von-Drake
03-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I cannot imagine taking my laptop into the park.... I AM nothing short of a techno geek... but even I draw the line at a laptop in the park. :mickey:
I am such a nerd sometimes as my wife says. :blush:

Jared
03-03-2008, 09:00 PM
No offense, but leave your laptop at home.

You are on vacation for crying out loud!!

That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7.
I always bring my laptop on vacation. Unfortunately, Disney charges for Internet access, which is an annoying moneymaker. At the paper I work for, we cannot stay at a hotel that does not have free WiFi.

I don't think people who have their computers at Disney are necessarily technologically leashed. I just like having my laptop with me either for work or pleasure.

Von-Drake
03-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Oh, I take my laptop with me on vacation but leave it in the hotel (gotta download the pictures every night). I used to not bring it at all, but a few years ago, my camera bag got misplaced and the other memory cards I had in it, with pictures went missing.

TheRustyScupper
03-04-2008, 09:41 AM
. . . No offense, but leave your laptop at home . . . That's one of the big problems nowadays, everybody feels like they have to be "connected" 24/7 . . .

1) Yep.
2) If pictures are the probloem, just buy another memory chip.

CaptainSad
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Don't get me wrong. Do you really need to bring a Laptop on vacation:confused:? E-mails can wait. Most are junk anyway. My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her. I don't want her working when we are on vacation. I don't care if it means her job. If you can't get your work done in 40 hours, then you need to get another job. No job is that important. My second point. Take a Digital Camera with a 2GB or 4Gb memory card. This will save you the time it takes to download pictures. Wait until you get back. I took over 2 thousand pictures back in December. When I got home I put them on CD. One time I had a boss ream me a new one because I did not call while I was on "PAID" vacation to check in and see if everything was running smoothly. Let's say I left there shortly there after. I don't even give my cell phone number out where I work. I go on vacation to get away from everyday hassles and worries:thumbsup: Even if it means not using a computer.

PoohsGang
03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Don't get me wrong. Do you really need to bring a Laptop on vacation:confused:? E-mails can wait. Most are junk anyway. My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her. I don't want her working when we are on vacation. I don't care if it means her job. If you can't get your work done in 40 hours, then you need to get another job. No job is that important. My second point. Take a Digital Camera with a 2GB or 4Gb memory card. This will save you the time it takes to download pictures. Wait until you get back. I took over 2 thousand pictures back in December. When I got home I put them on CD. One time I had a boss ream me a new one because I did not call while I was on "PAID" vacation to check in and see if everything was running smoothly. Let's say I left there shortly there after. I don't even give my cell phone number out where I work. I go on vacation to get away from everyday hassles and worries:thumbsup: Even if it means not using a computer.

Some of us have our own businesses and dont get a paid vacation, some of us have to bring laptops so we have a business to go back to. Unlike an employee that gets a paid vacation we who have our own businesses pay for our time off as well as the trip, so I'm sure you can see why we may need to bring our laptops to keep up on emails, keep in touch with clients etc. My wife called work every day on our trip, although she did make full partner, never complained one bit nor did I. Thats what it takes sometimes to keep or land a great job, get great pay, great bonuses and great benefits. So as you can see not all of us are lucky enough to be able to SHUT WORK OFF while on vacation. I myself don't mind checking in as that allows me to take 2 - 10 day trips to the world every year as well as 2 additional weeks elsewhere, some times you got to give a little to get a little.:mickey:

ncscgirl2005
03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Oh, I take my laptop with me on vacation but leave it in the hotel (gotta download the pictures every night). I used to not bring it at all, but a few years ago, my camera bag got misplaced and the other memory cards I had in it, with pictures went missing.

Yep we bring ours too but strictly for uploading pictures only. Last year when we went to the World I was still in summer school (online classes) but I didn't feel guilty about not checking in not one day.

However, to answer the OP's question: I am with the other posters; I don't think there is free WI-FI. I did inquire about it for the room and it was $9.95 per day.

PoohsGang
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Free Internet for DVC members in DVC units.

Scar
03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
My wife uses a Laptop where she works and I refuse to go on vacation if she brings it with her.Cool, a whole week home alone by yourself. :thumbsup: I have to remember that one. ;)

Von-Drake
03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
:funny:

Cool, a whole week home alone by yourself. :thumbsup: I have to remember that one. ;)

pookiebear38
03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't some of the non-Disney "trendy" restaurants have WIFI? Like Starbucks and such?