PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain in MK

Hull-onian
03-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I think Adventureland opens later in the day. What is a good time to go to Splash Mountain?
We don't want too much of a wait. Should we use the WDW Railroad to get there? Any suggestions? :thanks:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
DH loves Splash Mountain!

On our last trip, he headed over as soon as it opened, and did Splash and BTMRR, while I stayed with DD is Fantasyland (which was great, since so much of the crowd headed to Splash and such).

On other trips, we've grabbed a FastPass before lunch, and then gone right after (maybe not the smartest way, since DD said she felt sick after the big drop), but we didn't wait!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-01-2008, 11:25 AM
the only thing that opens later than the park itself at MK is toon town... the lands all open when the park does.

i would go there first thing in the morning. you will have less of a wait than later in the day.

mgmnut
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Last trip we hopped on the railroad to frontierland right at park opening and rode splash 3 times in a row. After the first ride we asked if we could stay in and go around again and the let us because there was still no line. After the 3rd ride we ran over and got on BTMR twice with no wait. We were in the park for about a 1/2 hour to 45 mins and we had already rode 5 rides, 6 if you count the train ride. First thing in the morning is a great time to try to hit it if you can get to the park at opening. After you did a few rides in a row you can even grab a fast pass if you want to maximize it.

dumbo ears
03-01-2008, 12:57 PM
id say do it first thing in the morning or get a fast pass.

MartyS
03-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I'd say first thing in the morning, too. I think people tend to walk down Main Street and turn to their right, or go straight, so you can use this to your advantage. Maybe cut throught Adventureland and get a FP for POTC, go through the breezeway into Frontierland and do Splash and BTMRR, come back to Adventureland and use the FP, then do the Jungle Cruise.

Tink2002
03-01-2008, 01:29 PM
we have a tactic for walking right onto Splash that has worked for us just about every trip - even our summer ones with the large crowds.

Be at the park for opening, but wait at the ADVENTURELAND gate, not the frontierland gate. When they let you in, immediately book it towards splash from there (do this by cutting through that bathroom area that sort of connects the two lands by the shootin' arcade) and you'll most likely end up getting there ahead of the large group that will have been waiting at the frontierland gate. Either way, you'll be able to get on without a huge wait if you go first thing, but this was just a little inside tip that a CM gave us on our very first trip and it's worked every time - the people that wait at frontierland have always been very surprised to see a group of folks up ahead of them heading towards the ride!:)

Duchess99
03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
If you don't mind missing that first walk down Main Street, I would definitely get on the RR. You'll get on Splash Mt. right away.

wdwfansince75
03-01-2008, 02:52 PM
IMHO, the train will usually get you there first. Even if the commandos beat you there, if you grab a Fast Pass, and check the line, you are going to get two early rides....

But if you want to walk up Main Street, (as I love to do first thing in the AM), the route through Adventure Land to the walk-through by the rest rooms seems to be the quickest.

Most non-EMH mornings, the line does not seem to build up for the first hour.....I have done Splash first, than grabbed a Splash fast pass, and done BTMRR twice before the Fast Pass time.

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Our favorite thing is to get to Splash around 11 ish, grab a fast pass, snag some lunch at Pecos Bills, and then walk back to Splash. The lunch time gives us a few minutes to make sure everything in the backpack is waterproof. Plus, it's usually not too crowded that time of day.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2008, 07:51 AM
As soon as it opens you'll get two rides at virtually no wait....this goes for both mountains over there !! This works pretty well for us, after these, we'll FP one of 'em and head toward HM and then to the rest of the park.....use the FP later on when it's time....:mickey:

cgriff
03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
the only thing that opens later than the park itself at MK is toon town... the lands all open when the park does.

There is also Tom Sawyer's Island, which opens some time later in the morning than the front gates.

cgriff

Polynesian Dweller
03-02-2008, 12:28 PM
If you don't go first thing in the morning, then the only sure way to have a short line is by getting a fastpass. Lines also tend to be shorter during the parades when most people are lining up for the parade. EMH can als be a quieter time.

However, its WDW, its always crowded so nothing is guaranteed on any given day.

Young@Heart
03-02-2008, 01:01 PM
We've had great luck taking the RR there as soon as the park opens. We've gotten there before the people walking, and gone on both SM and BTMRR 2 times in about 30 minutes! I think this is definitely a good morning EMH plan. :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-02-2008, 02:14 PM
...Maybe cut throught Adventureland and get a FP for POTC, ....

waaaait... POTC has a FP? WHEN DID I MISS THIS???

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the great tips. GS has mentioned Space Mountain (100 times) or more. So I think we will go to Splash Mountain afterwords. Anyways, it's all good. 44 days to go.