PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Prices?

chicade88
03-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Well, given that the price of anything alcoholic at DW is crazy outrageous, my DBf and I are trying to figure out a way to make this a bit cheaper. We were thinking about making the trek across the street at Downtown Disney to the Hess gas station. Has anyone done this? Is it safe to do? Where exactly is the station? I faintly remember seeing it but not exactly it's location. Would we be looked at oddly when DBf returns on the bus with a 12-pack? I can almost feel the disapproving looks now. : )

wkanack
03-01-2008, 04:58 AM
The Hess stations, there are 3 on Disney property. I'll assume they sell beer. One is near the MK, the other is across from Boardwalk and the final is directly across from DTD/The market place. Another suggestion is to stop at the "Orlando Ale house", there is one located at Hwy 535 & Hotel Boulevard, it's just off Disney property. They run beer specials nightly and the food is good. Some of the specials are the $5 pitcher and the bucket of beers (5 bottles for $5.95) so good luck and have fun.
Bill

chick20679
03-01-2008, 07:17 AM
We were also concerned about disapproving looks on the bus, so we decided to go with a grocery delivery service. Maybe that'd be another option for you? That way you can also get snacks & breakfast items to have in your room. Just a thought. :mickey:
Or maybe get a cheap black duffel bag at wal*mart or something to stash your goodies in on the bus trip? :beer:

PhilHarHarMagic
03-01-2008, 07:34 AM
The prices aren't that far out of line with popular clubs - or even going to a sporting event - I think the typical bottle of beer at an NFL game is about $8.

I don't remember if all of the resorts have the refrigerated coolers in the stores, but some do and they used to sell 6&12 packs of beer and also had wine. I believe WL is in this category. It's not the same price as buying it at a convenience store but it is cheaper than buying it at other locations at WDW.

Besides the Hess at the exit to MK, the other one is near the Boardwalk - it might be easier from a traffic perspective to get to it - depending on where you are staying. I can't recall the exact location of the Hess near Downtown Disney, but if it is where I think it is, Google Maps shows an intersection near there that should make it a safer crossing of Buena Vista Dr.

Be(er) careful!
:beer:

BluewaterBrad
03-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Good idea!:mickey:

Deesdisney
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I think the Hess at the Boardwalk is alot safer. And when I was there in Jan we saw several people with strollers and bags of beer walking from over at Hess. But if you feel that you would feel uncomfortable with the bag I would bring along a bag to put it in and a shirt to muffle the bottle sounds. But you would be suprised how many people buy there.

BigRedDad
03-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I am packing my bottle of rum to go with me. With the resort mugs, I don't have to pay for mixers.

ytzking
03-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't worry at all about disapproving looks. You are on vacation. It's not like you're planning on "cracking a few" on the bus. They're selling it because there is a demand for it.
I'm a DVC member and usually stay at the BWV. You should sit under the portico for about a half hour and see what some people check in with. I've seen people check in with enough booze to cater a wedding.
Bottom line is , people who would give you disapproving looks at Disney would give you disapproving looks at home.
ENJOY!;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Unless you are drinking the beer on the bus and it's 8am, who cares about the disapproving looks? Plus you can always ask the clerk to put it in a brown paper bag for you.

Kurtoon
03-02-2008, 10:38 AM
There is nothing wrong with :beer: 8am, unless it's bad :beer:
If your room doesn't have a small fridge, you can ice it down in the sink.

dismommy
03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
I've seen people on the bus from DTD with beer/wine etc and also on the boats to to POR/POFQ. Only disapproving looks were for loud rude college age guys and it had nothing to do with the beer they had.