PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Illuminations from the VIP spot

javamama
02-29-2008, 10:27 PM
at Morocco? We have reservations for it in April, and don't know if it's worth the huge crowds. TIA

MNNHFLTX
03-03-2008, 09:29 AM
I have never watched Illuminations from the Morocco special viewing area, but have attended the two INTERCOT Illuminations meets in the viewing area between the UK and France and really enjoyed it. Even if you don't have a front row seat at the railing, you are still able to get a good view of the whole show.

DDuck66
03-03-2008, 10:27 AM
My DW and I attended Illuminations several times at the VIP section of Morrocco. I enjoyed it as you are not as jammed together, but to be honest, we like to watch it from the area behind the two stores at the Main Entrance. The walk to get out is much less and we usually stop at Mouse Gears on the way out to pick up some last minute gifts. From Morrocco, by the time we got all the way back around, we did not have a lot of time left and our feet hurt.

DakotaDisney
03-03-2008, 07:02 PM
I watched Illuminations from here on my last trip in 2007. I don't remember where we watched from in 1990.

It was not at all crowded. There were only 3 of us in the area. I was the first one there.

I thought it was nice not to be crowded and not to have to worry about being blocked by someone or blocking someone else's view.

But I am not sure if it is really the best place to watch the show. If was good for the fireworks, but I wonder if there is a better place to get a better view of the sphere that lights up.

sheltie
03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
how do you get reservations for the illumination show? i would be interested in this if it does not cost that much. oh also how much does it cost? thanks

RocknRoller94
03-03-2008, 08:03 PM
The VIP seating for Illuminations was very enjoyable for us. However, we could not get too close because of certain problems that night.

DakotaDisney
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
how do you get reservations for the illumination show? i would be interested in this if it does not cost that much. oh also how much does it cost? thanks

You can't get reservations for Illuminations. What we are talking about is a special area in front of Morroco that is for certain people to watch the show.

I don't know who all qualifies, but I could get in there becuase I had purchased the premium package on my last trip. It was a perk as part of that package.

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Illuminations is the fireworks spectacular that runs every night in Epcot at 9pm. It is located on the World Showcase Lagoon- so basically anywhere around the World Showcase is available for viewing. There are no seats- just stop near a railing or wherever you are. If you can see most of the water without trees or buildings in the way- you are in a good spot. :thumbsup:
There are a few "VIP" areas that can be rented or come as a special perk for a package.

The show is free to all guests in Epcot every night. It is a "NOT TO BE MISSED" event. :mickey:

javamama
03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
You can't get reservations for Illuminations. What we are talking about is a special area in front of Morroco that is for certain people to watch the show.

I don't know who all qualifies, but I could get in there becuase I had purchased the premium package on my last trip. It was a perk as part of that package.

Exactly, it's part of the premium packages. We're getting it as an opps we screwed up deal from them. I just wanted to know if it's worth it or not--kwim?

wendy*darling
03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I just wanted to know if it's worth it or not--kwim?
It's free- and it's Illuminations. It's worth it. :thumbsup:
Besides, if you don't take advantage of this opportunity, you will always wonder what your opinion would have been.