PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a GAC?

ltam16
02-29-2008, 08:55 PM
I will be going to WDW in April with DFIL. He is 80 and will be using a wheelchair because the walking and standing is way too much. He uses a cane regularly.

2 years ago we went with him using a wheelchair and I was told we needed a GAC so we got one, but we really never had to show it. It seemed that the CM's were very good about letting us know which line we should be in, whether it was the regular line, fastpass, or separate handicap entrance.

We certainly don't mean to use the GAC or the wheelchair as a go to the front method. In fact we felt guilty after a while, especially with the buses. The rest of us always stood on the buses even if we were loaded first.

joanna71985
02-29-2008, 10:10 PM
If you are just needing the wheelchair, you most likely will not need a GAC. Most of the queue lines can accomdate a wheelchair.

Here we go again...
03-01-2008, 03:34 AM
No, you do not. The GAC card give you the same thing you get in a wheelchair.

MsMin
03-01-2008, 11:32 AM
We did not need one when we went. Both my parents had ECV's and as Angel said they can see you need assistance and are very nice about it. They do limit the group to 4 but we had two ppl in chairs so our entire group of 7 got to stay together. It's just nice that for things like Nemo's musical the group can stay together and your family members remain in the chairs:thumbsup:
My mom is much more mobile than my dad. She can't stand for hours (mostly its a foot problem) but even when she offered to go through the regular line they insisted we stay together.

ltam16
03-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the replies.