PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Ears ~ Are they discontinuing?

myhappyplace
02-29-2008, 08:32 PM
My sister had said when she was there in October of 07 that she overheard someone claiming that they were doing way with the traiditional mouse ears. Is this true? If so when will that be? I just can't believe that they would discontinue something so traditional. It has to be a money maker also.

#1disneyfan
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
I can't image that is true! If it is I am really glad that I bought DD and DNephew theirs prior to this happening. Maybe someone will be along to enlighten us.

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't worry Disney is not going to take away a top money maker like Mouse Ears. Mouse ears have been become almost a right of passage for a first trip to WDW or DL. I would guess the person she over heard had no clue what they were talking about.

scottgr
02-29-2008, 10:48 PM
No Way....they make to much money on those...I know I have 3 or 4 around my house....:mickey:

wedway fan
02-29-2008, 10:58 PM
what she might be referring to is a rumor i heard somewhere that they may be doing away with the traditional hand-embroidering of names. seems the automated embroidering is just too efficient.

seems radical too, given tradition, but more likely than doing away with mouse ears altogether.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-01-2008, 01:13 AM
They've also been releasing new Disney Dollars, which people have said they are discontinueing. We just released 3 styles for Mickey's big 8-0.

#1donaldfan
03-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm in no way an expert, but for this one I'm sure that, that is nothing but some bad info.....if they get rid of the ears........just can't think of that!!!!:mickey:

DisneyFanaticDargon
03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
seems radical too, given tradition, but more likely than doing away with mouse ears altogether.

Not to mention how an automated sewing machine fits so well with the turn-of-the-century motif... :rolleyes:

A Big Kid
03-01-2008, 09:56 AM
My sister had said when she was there in October of 07 that she overheard someone claiming that they were doing way with the traiditional mouse ears. Is this true? If so when will that be? I just can't believe that they would discontinue something so traditional. It has to be a money maker also.

Its true! They are also removing Cinderella Castle, taking out Spaceship Earth, and sending Goofy to the pound.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Its true! They are also removing Cinderella Castle, taking out Spaceship Earth, and sending Goofy to the pound.

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

you forgot that they are turning Splash Mountain into a ski slope.

dumbo ears
03-01-2008, 12:59 PM
actually what i heard was that they are still selling them but they're taking out the place in mk where they will stitch your name in the back of the hat

LoriMistress
03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Disney makes money, and it's a huge marketing product...a easy cheap product to make and over charge the then by 400%...why would Disney want to get rid of a thing like that?

MickeyChick
03-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Will never happen. They're iconic.

poeticeclipse
03-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Will never happen. They're iconic.

exactly my thought

DisneyDudet
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Here's what I know:

There have been some inventory issues (see Shops forum). This is causing some stocking problems, which makes it look like they don't have any. They have them.. somewhere, just not at the shops.

There are rumors that say they are getting rid of the old style machines that embroider.

Thats pretty much it, as far as I know.

scoot241
03-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Here's what I know:

There have been some inventory issues (see Shops forum). This is causing some stocking problems, which makes it look like they don't have any. They have them.. somewhere, just not at the shops.

There are rumors that say they are getting rid of the old style machines that embroider.

Thats pretty much it, as far as I know.

DL doesn't use the old style machines anymore. They exclusively use computer-controlled machines now.

Dakota Rose
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Maybe the person meant some of the new style ears like the special anniversary or the Hawaiian ears or something like that. I buy a new kind of ears every time I go...I can't imagine they'd do this.

Gooftroop5
03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I have to agree with everyone else. There was some misunderstood info somewhere. Isn't that the only reason to go to WDW to get your ears?:mickey:

In my family is a game to see who goes to get the newest family member their Ears. We almost had to call my aunt with one of my ds's so she could get the name. She wanted to be the first to get his "ears" he was born before they left she came back with his first pair of ears. Both my ds have ears and they've never been.