PDA

View Full Version : Phase 4

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I think it's called phase 4....my ??? is, if the park reaches that capacity (phase 4) and they no longer let people in, and you have ressies for dinner, do they still let you in......I understand that if this phase is reached, not even resort guest are allowed in ...... I think I remember reading about this, but just can't seem to find it....thanks to all who have the knowledge.....:mickey:

psychotekkie
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm just speculating here, but I got the impression that the parks are usually at their fullest... maybe between 11:00am and 3:00pm? I think that enough people would exit the park by dinner time that they would probably let you in.

Plus Disney CMs are so accomodating, I can't imagine them forcing you to miss a dinner ressie.

Anyone had any experience in this?

elmjimmlm
02-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I think it's called phase 4....my ??? is, if the park reaches that capacity (phase 4) and they no longer let people in, and you have ressies for dinner, do they still let you in......I understand that if this phase is reached, not even resort guest are allowed in ...... I think I remember reading about this, but just can't seem to find it....thanks to all who have the knowledge.....:mickey:

What if it is a holiday and the park is at capacity...Can you get in with a reservation or will they not be able to honor it?

DisneyFanaticDargon
03-01-2008, 12:08 AM
I honestly don't think this would be an issue unless you're planning on going during a holiday period. Honestly, the only holiday period I know of where parks reached capacity was Christmas - New Years. I worked at MK over spring break last year. It was busy, but I don't think they hit capacity...don't quote me on that though.

joanna71985
03-01-2008, 12:13 AM
If the parks are closed due to capacity, no one can get in (not even if you have an ADR in the park).

JPL
03-01-2008, 12:21 AM
The reason it closes is for safety reasons dealing mostly with the fire codes so at that point you would be out of luck. Now this type of closure is rare like stated usually happens on major holidays Christmas, New Years, Easter, and 4th of July.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-01-2008, 01:12 AM
I think the OP was referring to the holidays, which is when we usually start implimenting the phase closures.

Like Joanna said, no, you cannot get in if the park is at phase 4 and you have a reservation.

#1donaldfan
03-01-2008, 08:06 AM
Good enough for me, I guess this December we'll just have to be there early.....thanx !!!

mludman
03-01-2008, 08:18 AM
what are the phases

Piglet822
03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
what are the phases

Phase One: Day guests who have not already purchased tickets and Cast Members using Maingate and & Silver passes will be turned around at the Auto Plaza. Guests meeting this criteria are told Park has reached capacity.

Phase Two: Admission is limited to Resort Guests, Premium and Annual Passholders, crossovers and other guests re-entering one of the parks on the same day. Guests using Walt Disney transportation and guests in taxis will be admitted. Guests not meeting above criteria will be told the Park has reached capacity.

Phase Three: Open to resort guests using Disney transportation from their resort or other theme parks or Annual and Premium passholders. Shades of Green and Downtown Disney resort area guests using their respective transportation will also be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told Park has reached capacity.

Phase Four: Closed to ALL guests and guests are told Park has reached capacity.

kakn7294
03-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jeanne! Interesting info.

BluewaterBrad
03-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Great info! Thanks!!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-02-2008, 12:54 AM
A couple of years back we were there for New Years Eve...we were told to be there no later than 10am to guarantee we'd get in...We had dinner reservations at the castle that night and we didn't want to miss...my father is older and in a wheelchair and it was a struggle to get there by then...but we made it...also stood 90 minutes in line to get a locker...looking back, i'm surprized they still had any left...I was shocked at how many people did not have reservations that day and were very ANGRY that the counter services were so full and no reservations available for table service...i realize that this is probably the worse (meaning crowds) disney day to be at MK, but if you plan it out and expect not to ride alot, take breaks, people watch and actively seek tables and be patient you will have some of the most wonderful memories of that new years eve. Or any other crowded day at MK
:pirate:

McGoofy
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow. This has all been very interesting info. I never knew about the phases. I can't say I would want to be there when Phase 4 is in progress!

I was just there during the first week of February. It was really busy that week (although not "phase-worthy" busy). However, we did have trouble finding counter service. We passed by Cosmic Rays and wanted to eat there, but there was a CM at each door that was turning people away. He told us that they were at fire hazard capacity. I can only imagine that magnified during the phases. Wow!

joanna71985
03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah. It's bad. I worked Christmas Day back in 2006, and it was literally wall-to-wall people in the castle hub for the fireworks. I don't think I could ever go during that time as a guest- I can't stand hordes of people.

diz_girl
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I guess when they're at Phase Three and you're a WDW resort guest, you can only use WDW transportation because I guess they won't let you park.

MickeyChick
03-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Can you hover around the exits and wait for people to leave?

DizNee143
03-03-2008, 12:19 PM
id imagine you would be able to...tell the person at the turnstile..that you have a ADR at such and such place...and if they dont believe you have them call where ever it is your going to eat..and they can check for themselves...cuz as they are doing that..im sure at least 50 people left in that time..lol...
if anything..i would call disney directly and ask them..although im sure you would get a couple different answers..goodluck..