PDA

View Full Version : No British Guards?

Gator
02-29-2008, 03:33 PM
When I think of England/Great Britain, I think of the Dragoon Scots Guard. You know, the guys in red uniforms and bushy black hats that guard the palace. To me, that's the one thing missing from the enitre World Showcase. Sure GB Pavillion has British Invasion and the World Showcase Players, but I think it would be cool to have the Royal Guard have a changing of the guard ceremony - kinda like the drum and fife corps in Amereica.

Aurora
02-29-2008, 05:38 PM
The guard is made up of actual serving soldiers in the British Army. Since the people who work in the World Showcase are from the countries represented, I would think that it wouldn't be a matter of just putting some guys in costume -- they would probably need to be the real thing. And as far as theming, there wouldn't really be a palace for them to guard. ;)

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I agree that would be pretty cool, for those of us who aren't traveling that far !!!! (to Europe).:mickey:

elmjimmlm
02-29-2008, 11:04 PM
I think that would be great...This is one place that I plan to go when my kids are older...To be able to see this at Disney would be something...Is there a way to let Disney know about your request? Maybe one day it would happen because of you...:woohoo:

Johnno52
02-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey they do sell Mickey dressed up as a Mountie (RCMP), so why couldn't he be one at the Canada Pavillion? Would this do?

Magic Smiles
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM
That would be great for both the Great Britian and the Canadian pavillions. It could become a POSTING for the mbr's of the forces. Now who wouldn't want a 6 month posting to WDW?

dumbo ears
03-01-2008, 01:02 PM
that would be cool! that would make the pavillion more reallistic