PDA

View Full Version : Are there plans to expand the World Showcase?

azcavalier
02-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I've always wondered why Central/South America and Africa weren't represented. As a matter of fact, I don't think that there is a single country from the southern hemisphere featured in the World Showcase. I'd love to see a Brazillian or Argentine pavillion...

Of course, I have NO idea where they'd put one.

I've also wondered if they will expand the Animal Kingdom to include a section about South America. I'm sure that the Amazon Basin has some animals it could contribute to the park...

azcavalier
02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Oops! Sorry...I didn't see the other post about Russia, which pretty much answered my question.

Strmchsr
02-29-2008, 04:37 PM
I've always wondered why Central/South America and Africa weren't represented. As a matter of fact, I don't think that there is a single country from the southern hemisphere featured in the World Showcase.

What about Mexico? I see you got the answer to your question - there's lots of room for expansion, but no plans are currently in the works.

Scar
02-29-2008, 04:53 PM
What about Mexico?Technically, Mexico is in North America. ;)

Strmchsr
02-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I know technically it is, but I thought it was more considered Central America now. I can't keep up with it anymore. ;) Certainly it represents the Latin America flair I think the OP was asking for, though each and every country has their own unique qualities, just like every country in Europe.

MickeyChick
03-01-2008, 09:40 PM
The World Showcase is North America and Western Europe for the most part.

Even Morocco is sort of non-Africa Africa. It's not even in the African Union, but it is in the Arab League. Interesting. no?

So the World Showcase needs some South America, Africa, Middle East and Australia to truly be representative of the World.