PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast was a Big Let Down

3beauties
02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I was in WDW last week and everything was perfect, except for my only must do! Beauty and the Beast. We were there 5 minutes before the show started so we had to sit up in the back, this was fine still a good view. but when it started people just kept coming in nobody closed the gate! This went on for nearly half the show. It probably wouldn't of been so bad if people didn't stop and stand right in front of everybody who was on time and enjoying the show. To make matters worse a woman in the row in front of me answered her phone and began yelling loudly and waving to somebody who was seated up front. She was totally oblivious to everything around her It was absolutely aweful, just aweful!

caryrae
02-29-2008, 01:48 PM
That's one of the biggest pet peeves at WDW people who are oblivious to others around them and think they are the only people there. My gripe is when you get a big group of people who for some strange reason will congregate in the middle of a walkway making it congested and hard to get by instead of going somewhere out of the way. Happens alot where there are alot of people.

CaptSmee
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your problems at the show. We try to always sit right behind the sound mixing area just to avoid situations such as these.

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the show.....I think the show is great....try it again, but make sure you bring a bat with you to ward off the rude people.....actually, no you better not, it wouldn't be fair to those who want to watch the show, with you swinging away, and all !!! :thumbsup:

KylesMom
02-29-2008, 04:32 PM
We were there 5 minutes before the show started so we had to sit up in the back, this was fine still a good view. but when it started people just kept coming in nobody closed the gate! This went on for nearly half the show. It probably wouldn't of been so bad if people didn't stop and stand right in front of everybody who was on time and enjoying the show. We have found that the key to fully enjoying BatB is to get to the show early and immerse yourself in the show via close-to-the-front seating. The show is really beautifully done, but can be ruined quickly with all of the distractions in the back. I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy - I cry at the end of this show every time!:mickey:

WVParkfan
03-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Your title for this thread is mis-leading. The way you wrote it, it seems as if there is a problem with the production/ performance of this wonderful show.

In truth, though, the problem was that you showed up late and had to sit in the back. Because of that, you were subjected to rude people.

Two suggestions: one, change the title of this thread so that people don't assume that there is something wrong with the show. And two, give Beauty and the Beast another try... but get there early and get a good seat. It is truly one of the best shows in all of WDW.

MMouse6937
03-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Your title for this thread is mis-leading. The way you wrote it, it seems as if there is a problem with the production/ performance of this wonderful show.

In truth, though, the problem was that you showed up late and had to sit in the back. Because of that, you were subjected to rude people.

Two suggestions: one, change the title of this thread so that people don't assume that there is something wrong with the show. And two, give Beauty and the Beast another try... but get there early and get a good seat. It is truly one of the best shows in all of WDW.

I'm not sure if she changed the title, but I find nothing wrong with her title. It was a let down for her.

With that said, I'm really sorry that you weren't able to enjoy the B&B show because of distractions. You should really try it again and sit closer up front. It really is a wonderful show. I'm only able to get DH to do it like every third trip, but I love it.

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I agree- give it another try.
And get there early- you missed the warm-up act "Four for a Dollar" which is almost as good as B&tB!

I am afraid there is not much we can do about rude people- they seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate!

JPL
03-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I have to say I have gotten there early and had the same problem. The CMs allow guests into the theater and give them no direction on where to sit. It's so simple to fix after the show starts Disney need to rope off areas and direct guest to a section of seats that will not distract or interfere with other guests. Maybe they should send someone over to Sea World and see how it's done. Better yet after the show starts do not allow any other guests in the theater if they want to make it simpler for themselves.

mouse-logic
03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I agree- give it another try.
And get there early- you missed the warm-up act "Four for a Dollar" which is almost as good as B&tB!

I am afraid there is not much we can do about rude people- they seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate!

I agree "Four for a Dollar" was terrific. You can't help but smile during their goofball performance. Frankly, I enjoyed it more than the main show.