PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Studios scavenger hunt..

figgie
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
OK guys, here is one that my hubby and I have been doing since the name change from Disney-MGM Studios. See how many of the old logos have been forgotten or at least not replaced yet with the new name.

I'll start you out. In the coffee shop off of New York St., The Writer's Stop, the old time wall planks on the front wall below the seating counter(Made to look like big wodden crates) still read property of Disney-MGM Studios.

We have found many more in obscure places. Which ones can you find?:secret:

caryrae
02-29-2008, 01:56 PM
I read that it would take a several months to get rid of all the old MGM logo's. Sounds like a fun idea.

animalkingdomguy
03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Another logo question is the Chinese Theater logo that was on the trash cans. It's my understanding that the owner of the original theatre hold a copyright on the this logo. Are there still trash cans with the chinese theatre logo in the park.

DDuck66
03-05-2008, 09:15 AM
This past Sunday there were several pieces of merchandise with the old logo including frames and pins. Also some of the signs along I-4 and US 192 still have MGM Studios listed.

Flower
03-05-2008, 10:13 AM
I will say it was weird to see a 'naked' earful tower. When we were there in January there were still a ton of MGM logos.

figgie
03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I thought it was funny that they knew when this change was going to take place and when we were there they had absolutly NO merchandise with the new Logo on it. I mean they knew it was happening so why not plan to have something with the new logo available?:confused:

ligirlz
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
When we were walking down New York St. yesterday a CM was pushing a black cart thing that still said "Property of MGM Studios" and some signs while driving telling which way DHS is some still show MGM Studios.