PDA

View Full Version : Add-on question: DVC vs. Resale

jkomoros
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
We just passed ROFR and are waiting for our final papers to arrive for signature. Yea! In the meantime, if we wanted to do add-ons at another resort (like AKL) later, can we still go through our DVC guide, even though we ended up purchasing our first resort (Boardwalk) through resale? (If we do purchase some AKL points, I figure Disney's closing costs are lower than resale and if I understand properly, I can get the same use year easier if I go through DVC.)

Will the DVC guide care about the first purchase through resale, or will the second add-on sale be incentive enough to work with us?

CarolMN
02-29-2008, 11:19 AM
We just passed ROFR and are waiting for our final papers to arrive for signature. Yea! Congratulations!
In the meantime, if we wanted to do add-ons at another resort (like AKL) later, can we still go through our DVC guide, even though we ended up purchasing our first resort (Boardwalk) through resale? (If we do purchase some AKL points, I figure Disney's closing costs are lower than resale and if I understand properly, I can get the same use year easier if I go through DVC.) Yes, after you close and are in the system, you can add on through Disney. Minimum is 25 points (50 if you want Disney to finance). If you buy less than 160 points, Disney will automatically give you the same use year as your original (Master) contract

Will the DVC guide care about the first purchase through resale, or will the second add-on sale be incentive enough to work with us?No, the guide should not care. A purchase is a purchase and there are many, many members who started out with a contract obtained via resale.

jkomoros
02-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info. That's good to know! My DH just got his yearly bonus yesterday, so I'm itching to buy a small number of points at AKV, which was the resort I really wanted in the first place. If/when I can convince him, would we call the DVC guide with whom we originally worked, or do we start over and take whomever they assign us?

sillyolbear
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Congratulations and welcome home!

wendy*darling
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
I would start with your original guide.
If he/she is no longer there, they will reassign you to someone new.

jkomoros
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for everyone's help! Now to convince DH...