PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY... A hop and a leap...

MickeysGirl
02-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Wow... today is a great day for a party. Despite being a Friday, which always makes for a great party day, today is a day that only happens once every 4 years! Today is LEAP DAY!! As most of us know, February 29th only happens once every 4 years, as a quarter of a day accrues every year till we gain a whole day. Don't let anyone tell you you didn't learn anything today!

But all this learning is making me thirsty, so let's get this party on the ball.. or shall we give it a Jump Start? :funny:

Welcome one and all to today's...

:joy: A hop and a LEAP and dance :joy:
to the beat Friday Party!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!

Specialty Drink of the day: :marg: Leap Year Cocktail
... with extra sour lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always ....
:beer: :papple: :wine:

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

For those interested...

LEAP YEAR COCKTAIL

1.5 oz. Gin
0.5 oz. Grand Marnier®
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
0.5 oz. Sweet Vermouth

Put all ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice. Stir and strain into a chilled Cocktail glass.

pogo
02-29-2008, 07:25 AM
Happy Friday, Leap Day, Everyone !

:trio:

Boy that Leap year cocktail sounds good... but i better wait until later. See you later ! :D

TinyDancer
02-29-2008, 07:40 AM
I think I may have to try this at the bar tonight to celebrate because it is my birthday!!!

Caroleh
02-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Happy Friday, Leap Day, everyone!!!

I'm with Pogo, it sounds good, but I'll have to pass. I have to work today and it could be a 12 hour day!!!

sorarail
02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm working too! Please keep a mug chilled for me for later. :beer::thumbsup:

JanetMegan
02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
What's a little work going to get in the way of a cocktail or two?? I could use a couple :marg: please! Happy Leap Day!

alpro2
02-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Happy Friday all! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
02-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Happy Leap Day!!

Save me a cocktail for later!! :beer:

disneydrmr
02-29-2008, 09:34 AM
:stitch: Happy Friday and Happy Leap Day! :stitch:

I think I'll pass on the drink... it's quite cold here and a nice hot cup of herbal tea sounds pretty good... with some honey...

Hope everyone enjoys a great "Extra" day!!! Spend it wisely and make sure you tell your friends and family that you love them! :D

DisneyDudet
02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Too bad those of you who are salaried employees... they don't allot for leap year day!!!

So, today, drink you cocktail, because you just worked for free today!

MsMin
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
:stitch:
Hope everyone enjoys a great "Extra" day!!! Spend it wisely and make sure you tell your friends and family that you love them! :D

ditto to that! Happy Friday Everyone and Happy Leap Day and Happy Birthday Tiny Dancer.
I'm afraid that if I put a shot in my morning coffee I will fall fast asleep. :flower: Hoping everyone has a gorgeous weekend:cloud9:.
I've got company coming to BR :clappy: can you guess who?? :angel:

MickeysGirl
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM

Is it Bret or Angel??? of course, because of the smiley, I'm guessing Angel, because we all know that Bret is more the :thedolls: type! Hugs for everyone for me, please Beth! Have a great time!!

I'm with Janet, I could use a few drinks this morning. Work getting in the way... bah! It's 5:00 somewhere! :cheers: Of course, despite just getting here, I'm wishing it were 5:00 already. I'm ready for the weekend!

JanetMegan
02-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Just found out tonight is Free Sake Bomb night at the sushi place-I better cut back on those :marg:

offwego
02-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Happy friday all...hope that the hopping goes well.

drummerboy
02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Thought I'd jump in and say Happy Friday!

Does anybody recall that we didn't have a leap day in 2000? Apparantly they have to skip it every hundred years or so or we'd get ahead of ourselves. Or something.

Lucille
02-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Hey Jamie, could you make me a Leap Year cocktail in a pint glass, please? I could really use some booze today.

Nascfan
02-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Happy Friday and Happy Leap Day everyone!

I think I'll hop and jump on over to the fireplace and warm up. Anyone want any snow? We've got plenty.

disneydrmr
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Too bad those of you who are salaried employees... they don't allot for leap year day!!!

So, today, drink you cocktail, because you just worked for free today!

:rotfl: I never thought of that! Luckily I'm hourly! So 'technically' today is 'extra' money!

pogo
02-29-2008, 04:19 PM
OK.... I'm done work and ready for a couple of the cocktails ! Set 'em up ! :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend everyone. :D

MauiMouse
02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Happy Leap Year! :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
02-29-2008, 07:26 PM

Is It an EVIL person????????? :thedolls:

Is it Bret or Angel??? of course, because of the smiley, I'm guessing Angel, because we all know that Bret is more the :thedolls: type!

Well I will see about the Next time I cook ribs............

Happy Friday Everyone........

I hope everyone is having a great Leap Day...... I am off to a wedding.... yea so that means they can only celebrate every 4 years right??????

:cop: :tigger:

vizsla
02-29-2008, 07:35 PM
:beer:Happy Friday Everyone:beer:

weswerx
03-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey, why am I the only person dressed as a frog? And why didn't somebody tell me it was Friday? I thought it was Monday all week.....:confused:
Ok, I'm going to bed...good weekend all:cool:

SgtTigger
03-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Hey, why am I the only person dressed as a frog? And why didn't somebody tell me it was Friday? I thought it was Monday all week.....:confused:
Ok, I'm going to bed...good weekend all:cool:

But Wes you looked good as a frog........... I think Jamie might have had a frog suit on when she started the thread.......... I could have sworn I saw her hopping around.......

:cop: :tigger: