PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Free?

Dizneyfan
02-28-2008, 07:54 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF DISNEY IS GOING TO OFFER THE DINING PLAN FREE AGAIN THIS FALL?:unsure::unsure:

TheRustyScupper
02-29-2008, 10:23 AM
1) I flipped a coin into the air to decide.
2) I will let you know the answer when it finally comes down.
. . . heads - yes
. . . tails -no

NOTE: If it comes back as a dime, they pay us to stay and dine.

Mfarquar
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm hoping there will be some info leaked soon (like in years past). It may be the decision factor as to whether or not we take a WDW trip this year (and I'm really hoping we do!).

Does anyone know if it has been offered to UK guests this year? It always seems that it is offered to them first, which is often a good indicator that it will be coming to US customers next!

dizneeat
03-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Yes, it was definitely offered to European residents via the UK site!
AND it was offered as a bounceback program last September as well.
I am not sure about the dates, but they were NOT the same!
European FD from early August to late September
Bounceback FD Aug 30 - end of September (sorry forgot the exact date)

Natazu
03-03-2008, 05:20 AM
I'm starting to see the "we can do that" commercial with the young couple in front of their computer looking at the WDW website's $1500 special. It's not usually long after that when the free dining commercials start.

JPL
03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
They play those commercials year round up here. I think it is pretty safe to say free dining will be back around the same time as last year.

jszczur5
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
They play those commercials year round up here. I think it is pretty safe to say free dining will be back around the same time as last year.

I really hope that this is true. I have already started making my ADR's - banking on one week of Free Dining, and paying for 2 days of DDP before the "free" part kicks in. Last year I didn't start making ADR's until we booked in April, and was quite disappointed with some of the dining times we got. We are not the type of family that enjoys eating at 5:10 p.m.
So far, I have booked 50's Prime Time, Le Cellier and Hoop-Dee-Doo. Tomorrow I can call for Whispering Canyon.
My kids (and my brother's family) will be very disappointed if the Free Dining is not offered this year, as I will end up cancelling most of our ADR's and just paying OOP for HDDR and Crystal Palace. We will then eat most of our meals off site, as the "new improved" 2008 DDP isn't worth it for us if we have to pay for it for 9 days x 8 adults.

ledudes
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I think it came out right after Easter last year to Disney Visa holders. It ran until the end of September and seemed to end on the first day of teh Food and Wine festival. The'll probably do that again, although I liked the year where it went into October a bit more. We've done it the last 3 years.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm starting to see the "we can do that" commercial with the young couple in front of their computer looking at the WDW website's $1500 special. It's not usually long after that when the free dining commercials start.Look closely, that once $1500 package is now $1600!

Soul_Power
03-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I'm starting to see the "we can do that" commercial with the young couple in front of their computer looking at the WDW website's $1500 special. It's not usually long after that when the free dining commercials start.

I get jealous when I see that commercial because I secretly wish I had a trip to plan! :funny:

I still have my :fingers: for December 2009!

Mickey91
03-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Keep your eyes open the first week or so in April:mickey: