PDA

View Full Version : Where are the preferred rooms at POP?

mouseketeer mom
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
We are adding a few days at the beginning of our stay in April and there are slim pickings. Looks like we might do our first value. We'd have to get two rooms tho..only the preferred rooms are available. Where are they?? Do preferred rooms connect too? I know they say they are closer to the food court, pool, etc..but what section is that? Thanks!

caryrae
02-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Preferred: Buildings #4 and #5 of the Classic Years 60’s are the preferred locations. Here is a map http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg to show where each building is. We stayed in the 50's building facing the lake and it was a pretty short walk to the main building and we had connecting rooms.

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-28-2008, 06:41 PM
do they have them

Tink#64
02-29-2008, 12:14 AM
do they have them

Oh yes they have them! ;)

We've stayed 3 x in bldg # 4 of the 60's section! Once, we had family vacationing with us & we were given connecting or adjoining rooms, whichever is Disney speak for a door that connects the rooms. We didn't even ask for this! The CM went above & beyond trying everything possible to get us together. I couldn't bring myself to tell her after all of her trouble that we didn't really want this! :ack: It was DM, DB & his DGF & her DD in the next room! :party: Too much togetherness for 9 days! So we piled our luggage in front of that door & said it was the only place for it, so we didn't use that door at all! :blush:

JerseyDad
02-29-2008, 10:19 AM
....please be advised that the "preferred room locations" are not only in the 60's buildings....anymore.

....and of last year...certain rooms in the 50's and 70's buildings are considered to be "preferred" also. It has to do with the travel distance (walking) to the Classic hall. If the room is within...I believe 500' feet...it's now a "preferred" room. We found this out last November when we checked in at POP. We had requested preferred location...and were told we were in a 50's building room. After a bit of haggling...we got a 60's building room...but it was not 1st Floor-Poolside as we had requested from the beginning when we first made our reservations. (we love to be poolside).

....and...not all of the preferred rooms have connecting doors to the adjoining room.

MickeyChick
03-03-2008, 08:00 AM
We were in one of the 50s section Pop rooms and it was great. We were in the first floor corner room of building 3 (that's the one with Tramp). We were back away from the pool which was great because there were people in it all night but only a really short walk to Classic Hall. I think I'd prefer to be in that building than any in the 60s section.