PDA

View Full Version : WDW average take in one day??

jaredkari
02-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Ok this may be a question that is privleged information or information that no one really has??

How much money does WDW take in on an average day (including tickets, food, merchandise, etc..)????

I have always been curious, maybe someone has sat down and come up with a rough estimate. :mickey:

Jasper
02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't know if anyone has come up with a rough estimate but I do know that Disney does not release information in that format. What they do for their annual report is to combine all parks income into one line so it is virtually impossible to know what part of that line belongs to WDW much less for one day.

LoriMistress
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Here's DH and I aprox. average ball park on what we would spend a day in the parks:

PH tickets where an average $48.10 per person a day; for two adults total $96.20 a day (but we had 11 day PH tickets)
Our Room at Pop was $65.60 a day for 11 days/11 nights
Food for two adults for breakfast, lunch, and dinner would be $99; or $49.50 per person.

Total price: $260.80 for two adults a day.

But you have to understand, DH and I would eat at Character Breakfasts in the morning at the parks, then have a light lunch/snack during the early afternoon, and we would eat at a nice TS restaurant for dinner.

PeterPan
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
It's really not too hard to guesstimate. What do you spend per day? Multiply that times how many people they average per day in the parks - which is roughly 50,000 per park. So, 200,000 per day is a pretty fair estimate on attendance. Yes, it can be much more and much less, but 50,000 in the MK is certainly NOT out of the question.

SO if you spend approx. $150 per day, and (for instance) 100,000 people do the same, the figure adds up to 15 MILLION dollars. 200,000 people would generate approx. 30 MILLION dollars. Etc.

It is mind boggling, isn't it?

TheRustyScupper
02-29-2008, 10:17 AM
. . . more than the GDP of most small nations
. . . less than Brittany Spears' psychologists' bill
. . . more than the daily output of the Seven Dwarfs mine
. . . less than the advertising fees of one Super Bowl
. . . more than my granddaughters' text messages per day *
. . . less than the number of times presidential candidates say "Change" in one speech
. . . more than candidate debates (but, not by much)
. . . less than the number of reality TV shows

* maybe !

garymacd
02-29-2008, 10:27 AM
SO if you spend approx. $150 per day, and (for instance) 100,000 people do the same, the figure adds up to 15 MILLION dollars. 200,000 people would generate approx. 30 MILLION dollars.

It would be nice to have one-half of one percent of that . Don't forget that is a rough estimate of their GROSS income for the day. Form that, you have to subtract all their operating costs: salaries, benefits, upkeep, maintenance, utility costs, supplies, food for the little children in It's a Small World, etc.

I would imagine this would add up to at least 80% of their gross income, if not more.

Scott C
02-29-2008, 12:58 PM
"X" million per mile for monorail expnsion does not sound so bad now does it.

Thanks
Scott C

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I can write a check for that amount......if I could count that high....ha, ha !!! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm sure Disney has exact numbers for this, but for us on the outside, we have to guess. So, here's my attempt. This is a tough one to figure out because there are many factors to consider. So, I'll just try and keep it as simple as possible.

According to numbers found on the Internet, in 2006, WDW had overall attendance numbers of 45.1 million visitors across the 4 major parks, which averages out to 123, 561 per day. Of course this doesn't count the water parks, downtown disney and other attractions. So, if you figure an average ticket price of $48.10 per day, then that alone is $5.9 million. But, then if you add in those other venues, I'm sure the number is easily $6 million.

There are of course other things to consider, like parking at $11 per day, but I have no idea how many parking spaces they have nor what kind of numbers they run for these. Then there's the hotel room, and the food and merchandising. Again, I don't have any way of knowing the numbers for these, but I would guess that combined they are pretty close, if not slightly more than the average daily park revenue above. So, I would guess about $6-7 million.

Based on the very rough guesses made here, I would say the average daily intake for WDW is somwhere between 12 and 15 million. But, during the holidays and peak season it's probably well in excess of $20 million!

mook3y
02-29-2008, 04:20 PM
What back when, at DLR, I closed out a register in the Premier shop (across from star traders). Now, this was on the 4th of July, by far one of the busiest days of the year.

That 1 register in 1 shop had taken in over $80,000 in sales.

BluewaterBrad
02-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I spend a lot at Disney every year, but I love it there and am a shareholder!:mickey: