PDA

View Full Version : AP/DDP discount question....

Dsnygirl
02-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi guys... I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who lurks on another board (shhhh.... :secret:) and she said there was talk about a new AP discount on the DDP, effective immediately. She said it was worded as such: "Effective immediately, AP holders can save up to 30% off dining with a package that includes the DDP or Deluxe DDP." Does anyone know anything about this? Does it refer only to the discounts AP holders can get at certain restaurants, or does it mean there is a discount on the actual DDP for an AP holder? If the latter is true, then I may just have to go ahead with that AP purchase before our next trip!! :mickey:

PS - I think I put this in the wrong forum, as I was on this one reading about the AP rates MJ posted... please move to the correct one... :blush:

Johnno52
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I googled the question and found the site, it sounds right! I've been waiting for others to reply. I didn't want to post the link to another forum in case its not allowed. Can I do this?:confused:

wendy*darling
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Yes, it's true. :mickey:

AP holders can now purchase the DDP without having to buy park passes.

This is a package, so you "technically" loose the AP room discount, but I have heard that you do come out ahead and there is a savings.

I would check with Magical Journeys for a quote for your dates and resort.

Johnno52
02-28-2008, 09:31 PM
If this the case, are they already hurting with the changes of the 08 DP? The 30% is about what they reduced the plan by, $20 for the tip and 10% for the appetizer!

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:36 AM
The news about this seems to be that when they offer AP discounted rooms you can still get the discount and the DDP. What this does however is changes your room only status to a package. Which means the total must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival and also changes the cancellation policy to that of a package. I still feel this change while positive still has to be well thought out before purchasing the package option. I know a few times I booked a room using AP rates in hopes I could go and had to cancel last minute if I changed to package I would have lost money. I wonder if you can add the plan upon arrival?