PDA

View Full Version : Going Through Disney World Withdrawls.

caryrae
02-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Man these WDW withdrawls can be bad sometimes. We haven't been since Sept 2006 and are going to the Keys this year so no Disney trip this year. It helps to come here and to watch Disney shows on the Travel Channel but it just isn't the same as being there. Anyone else go through withdrawls too or am I just :crazy:

I just miss it when I'm not there, especially after a long time.

disneymom15
02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
I miss it as soon as I get on the DME return bus to the airport. Usually within a couple of weeks after getting home I start planning for my next trip, that usually helps ease the withdrawal pains.

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-28-2008, 05:46 PM
im going through it real bad and i am only hitting the year mark since my last trip but we go again in august and the wait till then will go so slow.

LauraF
02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh, please. I'm a wreck on the way home.

BF made the mistake of taking me to Walt's exhibit at the Studios an hour before were to catch our ME bus to the airport. He won't do that again - I was crying on his shoulder on the way home, and he wasn't much better. :( (This was the first time he went and "got it" about WDW.)

goofysbabe
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm crying as we leave the parking lot of the resort. I'm usually bummed the bigger part of the trip home. Then when I get home for at least a couple weeks after I do this thing of - at this time right now we would be doing ------ in Disney or it's time for the parade. I try to ease my withdrawls by being on Intercot daily, listening to attraction music, watching shows on the travel channel (or the ones I have taped from there), looking at my vacations pictures, talking to anyone who will listen and my children and I play this game called "what's your favorite -----" BUT, as of right now I'm planning for my trip in December! So I'm really excited and the withdrawls are easing a little :thumbsup:

caryrae
02-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Then when I get home for at least a couple weeks after I do this thing of - at this time right now we would be doing ------ in Disney or it's time for the parade.

That sounds fimilar, I do the same thing. Say like 3 days after we get home I keep think just think 5 days ago we were in MK on Space Mountain or something like that. Especially the day you get home saying just think 5 hours ago we were in DTD.

jpH/keD
02-29-2008, 03:38 PM
We went in November 07. I had vertigo from Star Tours for 2 weeks after we got home and my feet hurt til January!!!! So I was fine about being home then! Now I am sad that I don't have a date for our next trip! I have to come on Intercot for my fix! I listen to Disney cds in the car!

Tonight my DD6 has a Brownie Thinking Day thing and we have Italy as our country. I am taking Bella Notte for the music at our table!

I wanna go back!!!!!

caryrae
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe all us Intercotees can pool our money together and rent out a Park for an evening. lol

Dsnygirl
02-29-2008, 04:19 PM
:mickey: I'm right there with you, and it's only been 4 months since our trip!! I think it's the weather... at least for me, it's snowy and cold here and I start fantasizing about it getting warm and spring and then I start thinking about WDW and summer... and the more I start planning for our next trip (which isn't 'til December... :() the more I go through withdrawal!! My DH just laughs at me... I tell him it's like his golf withdrawals, which are hitting him pretty hard right now. ;) Of course, he says my "fix" is a lot more expensive than his.... but I say mine is just more fun... :D

divinedi
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I guess I'm kind of backwards to most, the closer I get to my trip to Disney:cloud9: 59 days!!!!, the more I'm on the boards here, looking at pictures, DVD's etc., but when I get home from my trip :sob:(that was tough just typing that!) I can't even think about anything Disney, I don't wander the boards here, it just gets me really depressed. Once I get over that somewhat, I can start looking at Disney things again, but it's a rough few weeks after we get home!

"My name is Dianne, and I am addicted to Disney...........":blush:

snerd475
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
I start planning on our next trip pretty much the day after I get back. Living 3 1/2 hours away, it's a bit easier going up for a weekend or so, but it still gets costly, since I must stay at a Disney resort.

I get depressed as soon as I see the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" gates in my rearview mirror. :crying:

BUT, Intercot gets me through the suffering until the next trip! :thumbsup:
As well as continually pricing resorts on the WDW website. I have them memorized, but it helps in my withdrawals.

poohbearlover15
02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Maybe all us Intercotees can pool our money together and rent out a Park for an evening. lol

I'll contribute to that!;) :D

Not2Loud
03-01-2008, 10:54 AM

Not that I have any great expectation of this happening, but I would be willing to participate.

The gathering for Illuminations in October was great!

PirateLover
03-02-2008, 08:56 AM
We went twice last year, most recently in Dec and it still isn't enough! WDW is weird... the more times you go, the more you want to come back! You would think you'd get tired of going to the same place over and over but not Disney!

The other day my fiancé and I started watching the latest vacation planning DVD. We were about, oh I don't know 5 minutes into it when a CM starts talking about little girls meeting Cinderella and how he loves to say "Cinderella, doesn't she look just like you when you were little?" And I just lost it. I had to turn off the video. There's just something about Disney that tugs at the heartstrings of every person who believes in goodness. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I don't like those........quiting smoking withdrawls were easier to calm....the last day, I kinda "slow walk" it through the park and try to take it all in, in hopes it'll last till the next trip....this year is especially hard as the last trip was July '07 and the next is panned for December '08, I say planned, but not yet etched into stone......it's just too long to think about.....but......intercot seems to take the "edge" off those tough times, most of the time....:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Then when I get home for at least a couple weeks after I do this thing of - at this time right now we would be doing ------ in Disney or it's time for the parade.

I do that too:blush: It kills me that it all goes on without me. I just can't believe that it does;)

elmjimmlm
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
As for my family, I dont think a day goes by that someone doesnt say "I am ready to go back now"...We have 298 days to go...When are they going to have "pay for a week, get a week free"? I think that would make it easier for the "addicted" to get their Disney fix...

caryrae
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
They need some kind of rewards card where you can get points for buying stuff from Disney parks, park tickets, Resort stay, vacation packages, merchandise, ect. You could save up points for free merchandise, free tour package at a park, free park ticket, resort stay, ect. The more points you save the better reward you can get. I know the Disney credit card has something like this but I want something where you don't need to use a credit card, something more like frequent flyers programs or that rewards program that Super America gas stations have.

BelleKP
03-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I guess I'm kind of backwards to most, the closer I get to my trip to Disney:cloud9: 59 days!!!!, the more I'm on the boards here, looking at pictures, DVD's etc., but when I get home from my trip :sob:(that was tough just typing that!) I can't even think about anything Disney, I don't wander the boards here, it just gets me really depressed. Once I get over that somewhat, I can start looking at Disney things again, but it's a rough few weeks after we get home!

"My name is Dianne, and I am addicted to Disney...........":blush:

I completely know what you mean Dianne . . . I actually stay away from Intercot when I first get home from my trip. I find it really hard to be reminded of what I just left. :(
But as I gear up for a trip, well that's another story. Then I'm here all the time! :thumbsup:
Right now we don't have another trip planned :( so I'm in limbo . . . so I come here once in a while just to get a quick fix of the world. :mickey:
"My name is Sarah, and I too am addicted to Disney World . . . . . . . ":blush:

Soul_Power
03-06-2008, 12:57 AM
This is truly why I love Intercot so much! No one understands Disney-crazed people like other Disney-crazed people!

I've been back since June 6, 2007 and I've been wishing I was there every single day! I'm trying hard to convince my boyfriend to go again, but it's not going too well! He really doesn't share my enthusiasm! Siiigh.

senderella
03-06-2008, 12:57 PM
I cannot stand to be away! I was just there 4 weeks ago and have had major withdrawals. I have to remove all my park music from the car, because it makes me want to be there. I am going in June and Dec so I do have upcoming trips....but that is too much of a spread. I am working on my DH for an April and Sept trip! I can dream!

tennantsrwe
03-06-2008, 01:52 PM
We usually start having our WDW withdraw about a month after we've came home from a trip. I know, I know...a whole month later, there must be something wrong! I think it takes that long for the excitement of the first trip to wear off a little bit, and for us to totally recooperate. We were there in Dec 07 and I'm already dying to 'officially' plan our Dec 09 trip. I've already decided the ADR's to make, where to stay, etc...now just gotta get Disney to release those 2009 packages. HURRY AUGUST!!!:balloon:

*goofy'sgirls*
03-10-2008, 04:57 PM
My family and I have only been once but boy was that an awesome trip! We have been having withdrawals since we came back last May. We finally booked another trip for June and could hardly wait! Everyday my daughter's and I search Intercot for something new to talk about and I've been looking for new Disney surprises for their Easter Baskets. (Last year we bought them Disney Crocs, Coloring Books, Color Wonders and Books) for our trip. I just love all things Disney and dream of it practically every night. I hope I'm not the only one.