PDA

View Full Version : For those going this week. . .

anneb
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
You've picked a great time! I just got back from a few days at WDW, and the crowds this week were among the smallest I've seen in years. I was in the parks on Feb. 25-27, and never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes for anything (although I don't usually do the coasters and other big thrill rides). (Epcot was a bit busier on the weekend - though not bad, but the weekdays were great.) At MGM on Tuesday, my sister walked right on to the Tower of Terror around 2 in the afternoon, and had a 5-10 minute wait for Rockin' Roller Coaster around the same time. You could get great seats for shows arriving just 5 or 10 minutes early. Even though it was clearly a slower time, I never waited more than 5 minutes or so for a bus. This was the week AFTER the week that included President's Day - what a great time to go!

Hair_Razor
02-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I was there the 8-15th and agree after the cheerleaders left on the 10th it was awesome we walked on most rides! Great time to go!

Sweetpea29488
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I agree :)

We were there Feb. 23-26 and walked on everything. We had splash all to ourselves. It was great!!!!

DDuck66
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Hope it stays that way as I am going on Sunday for my birthday!!!!

ljv1975
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
That's good to hear!! We are leaving on Saturday and will be there all next week. Hopefully the crowds are still light! :fingers:

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Sounds too good to be true....wish I was going now !!!!! I've got to wait till the busiest time of the year....Dec.....:mickey:

ncscgirl2005
02-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh how I wish....:cloud9:

Glad you had a good time.

IloveDisney71
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
We were there from the 22nd - 24th and had a great time. The crowds were very light the whole time. We rode a lot of things and even got to ride RNRC 7 times in 2 hours. We loved the lighter crowds we got to experience!

LauraleeH
02-28-2008, 09:26 PM
That's great to hear. I just found out that I am heading over there this Saturday. I hope the crowds stay light, but in our area, we are having spring break. Still, it should be fun!

TheRustyScupper
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
1) we are here NOW!
2) The low crowds are great!
3) We did not get a single Fast Pass all day.
4) We did MK yesterday
. . . Buzz was a walk-on
. . . Laugh Floor was less than full all day
. . . Haunted Mansion was only busy early in the day
. . . even Pooh was a walk-on
. . . Peter Pan had its usual 50-minute wait
. . . Carousel had no one in line
. . . saw no one at Pirates until the boat loading zone

crazypoohbear
02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
1) we are here NOW!
2) The low crowds are great!
3) We did not get a single Fast Pass all day.
4) We did MK yesterday
. . . Buzz was a walk-on
. . . Laugh Floor was less than full all day
. . . Haunted Mansion was only busy early in the day
. . . even Pooh was a walk-on
. . . Peter Pan had its usual 50-minute wait
. . . Carousel had no one in line
. . . saw no one at Pirates until the boat loading zone

What is up with Peter Pan???
There is always a huge line!
You could walk onto every other ride in the place but Peter always makes you wait??!!
does anyone know why this is??

LovinWDW
02-29-2008, 01:52 PM
What is up with Peter Pan???
There is always a huge line!
You could walk onto every other ride in the place but Peter always makes you wait??!!
does anyone know why this is??

It's a flaw in the design of the ride. It does not hold a large amount of people at one time and therefore backs up rather quickly. It is always our 2nd ride of the day, after dumbo, which has the same flaw. :thumbsup: