PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Kitty Pixie Dust

MMouse6937
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
My baby Dory is sick :ill:

She keeps :ack: all of her food up. The confusing thing is that she seems to be hungry, she keeps drinking water, and seems her regular loveable self, she just throws up everything she puts in her stomach.

DH and I were analyzing it last night and I think it might have been that I accidently picked up a different kind of dry food last time I was at the store. It was the same brand, just the seafood kind not the chicken one. Maybe it doesn't agree with her stomach. She seems to eat her wet food ok, and as soon as she throws up the dry she goes back and eats more like she's hungry again.

So this morning I went to the store and bought some of the old kind, washed out all the bowls and switched back. We'll see how she does tonight. If she's not any better I'll be headed to the doctor tomorrow.

Think good thoughts for her, it hurts me to see her struggling and throwing up. Poor baby! :(

kakn7294
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Poor kitty! Here's some :pixie: that she's okay and she just can't tolerate whatever's in the new food. My dog can't tolerate lamb. It may take a day or two for her tummy to settle down although it does sound like she's hungry - that's a good sign. You could try cooking some chicken and rice and feeding her that while her tummy is upset - you just have to hope she doesn't get spoiled and expect that instead of her food all the time. Let us know how she is!

pogo
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
:pixie: for Dory and a :hug: for you ! :D

MNNHFLTX
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
It's been our experience too that changing food can upset a dog and cat's digestive system. Hope Dory is back to normal after you start her back on her old food! :pixie:

sorarail
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I've had kitties around me my entire life (almost48 - ugh- years).
I've found that all of the cats who have allowed me to live with them prefer to stick with one type of food. In addition, they tend not to have problems with the higher grade foods - but M Mix, Frisk, etc always caused regurgatory problems with my earlier cats. Once I switched to Science Diet or similar, the barfing stopped. I have fed my cats higher end food for several years and the only thing they have upped recently are hairballs or the occassional blade of grass.
I hope Dory's tummy settles down and I'm sending :pixie: your way by the bucket load!

MsMin
02-28-2008, 03:45 PM
sending kitty :pixie: for her :( Like Kathy mentioned, when my pups are sick I too give them chicken and rice. Sometimes just rice and broth until that tummy settles. I know the when Chloe had the tummy upset a couple weeks ago the vet said to wait 24 hrs before feeding her again. With little ones though I'd be extra careful. If she gets listless it may be time to take her in. :pixie:

RenDuran
02-28-2008, 04:01 PM
:pixie: to Dory! It's hard to tell what the deal is with her. Hopefully just the food change. Or maybe a stubborn furball. My cat, Molly, barfs constantly when she has furballs.

mrsgaribaldi
02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for Dory. I hope she's feeling better soon.

hoop de do
02-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Special Kitty Pixie Dust coming your way.
:tink::pixie::cat:

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2008, 07:10 PM
How is Dory?

MMouse6937
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Stephanie, thanks for asking, she is actually doing much better! :D

I think it was the new dry food I accidently bought because she has been better since I went back to the old stuff. I feel like a terrible mom now but I'm glad we figured it out.

Thanks for all your good thoughts, I appreciate the support! :hug:

RedheadWriter
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM
:pixie: :pixie: Poor thing! i hope she stays OK!!!