PDA

View Full Version : fast pass improvement suggestions

briguy
02-28-2008, 10:21 AM
While I feel the current system works well I'm curious if others have ideas to "plus" it.

Here is mine:

Rather than make you wait for a set time to get another fast pass if you are holding one, why not just print one for a time after the first one expires? For example if I had one for SM btwn 10-11am, I could get one for BTMRR for 11-12 and Splash for 12-1. I could then better plan my day. I know the concern would be using up all the time slices early in the morning, however they could allocate a certain number each interval for people with no other passes and some for people with 1 other, 2 other, etc.

What other ideas are there?

AuntDJ
02-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Personally, I don't mind the way it works now; however, I would like to see all the machines in one or two locations...

For example, the could take all of the machines from the MK, put one group in Tomorrowland, one group in Frontierland and one group in Fantasy land. Then there could be a board above them that tells all the fast pass times and current wait times. This way, I could decide the best use of fast pass vs. current wait time for other rides without having to go all over the parks. It seems so time consuming to go across the park to get a fast pass for Splash just to go back to Space to use your current Pass...

DJ

SBETigg
02-28-2008, 11:12 AM
I love the way it works now and I wouldn't change a thing.

caryrae
02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
The only thing I can think of is to have some kind of board or something to show you what the current FP times are for rides and if any rides are out of FP's. That way you don't have to run to one ride to get a FP just to find they are out for the day. Also they should enforce the rules better and only let you in the FP line between the times on your FP ticket and not let you on the ride the next day/s later. I have heard many times here alot of people have been able to use there FS the next day or later.

Polynesian Dweller
02-28-2008, 11:37 AM
I too like how it works now but there are a couple of tweaks.

The first is to enfore the return time so that the FP line doesn't get too long which then slows down both lines.

The second is a perk for paying for staying in Disney hotels. Resort guests could get one pre-ordered FP per day with a different attraction per day to ensure they are spread out among the attractions. Ordering for time could take place like ADRs, 180 days out to start ordering. These FPs would be given to you at check-in. You could get other FPs at the park. Don't know how practical that is but it would reduce the congestion at the FP booths early in the day.

jwildflower1981
02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm ok with the way the fast pass works now, but I got really spoiled when we went to Universal Studios and paid extra for the Express Pass. Maybe this could be offered to resort guests or some kind of extra perk for staying on property.

LauraF
02-28-2008, 12:16 PM
I love the FP exactly the way it is! No changes please! It requires a little thinking to plan your day when getting FP, but it's not that hard.

I would be concerned if all the FP machines were in the same area - traffic control is already a problem, and the crowds would be INSANE. The amount of times I've been shoved, cut off, stepped on, thwacked and such queued up for a FP are not worth counting. (C'mon people it's Disneyworld - relax - there's enough for everyone.)

wedway76
02-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I like the suggestion about having boards around the parks with all the FastPass times posted. Everything else about FastPass I would leave the same.

I really wouldn’t like any kind of paid FastPass.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Keep it the same.....it works pretty good, so why fix something that isn't broke??:cool:

lindique
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
The only thing I can think of is to have some kind of board or something to show you what the current FP times are for rides and if any rides are out of FP's. That way you don't have to run to one ride to get a FP just to find they are out for the day.
Actually, they actually have ride boards like this in EPCOT (Future World only). They have saved me a lot of steps!!

Speedy1998
02-28-2008, 08:17 PM
My suggestion would be ditch it entirely. The ride waits were much shorter pre Fastpass, plus the waits did not seem as long because the line was always moving.

crazypoohbear
02-28-2008, 08:24 PM
my only suggestion would be that you could get 2 fastpasses at a time.
I don't like having to wait until your current time is up before getting another one. Especially if the return time is a few hours away i.e. soarin'

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Great idea Speedy I think you may be onto something. Most of the time there really is nothing fast about Fastpass. Soetimes I get a Fastpass for an attraction that I never attend.The resources used for the current system could be used to speed the regular lines up. If over crowding is such a huge problem they may need to limit the amount of guests allowed into the park. Also they could raise the ridiculously low price of admission to make up for the empty parks.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Didn't they used to have so you could get more than one fastpass at a time? I thought when they first came out with the fastpass that you could get a fastpass for more than one ride at a time.

TheRustyScupper
02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
1) I think the reason it won't work was stated by you.
2) People can go around collecting Fast Passes for the whole day.
3) This would make Fast Passes run out early in the day.
4) People coming later, or those not sure what to ride, would lose out.
5) The current system is fine.

DisneyDudet
02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
I do not agree that the lines were shorter pre-fastpass. I remember quite vividly, standing in line for over an hour for things like Space Mountain, Body Wars, etc. And remember VERY well of the 3 hour waits for Splash Mountain.

Fastpass allows, for the most part, for everyone, a chance to ride a popular with little wait.

I like the way it is now. I like the boards they have at Epcot, and having that at the tip boards would be nice. Having a mini-tip area that has a list of windows would be a good idea too.

Gooftroop5
02-29-2008, 11:55 AM
On the most part FP are fine. We tend to go when the lines aren't long anyways so its not a big deal that I can't get more than one at a time. We haven't had any longer than a hour wait for our FP return time either. Most the time we don't get them because the lines are short enough that its more of a restriction to have them.

I do agree with controlling how long past your FP time you can come back & use it (30 minutes) . I understand there are circumstances beyond people control that cause them to miss it however if the ride is down then a CM can give the people a special FP for a later time when the ride is running. Same with dinner they can validate it with a special stamp at the restaurant. Most time though its is the people fault that they miss it. Poor planning.

Goofy Texan
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I like it the way it works now, but do have a couple of tweaks I'd like to see:

Don't use it on any high capacity attractions (Like Buzz Lightyear). The lines on those move steadily anyway.

Make super popular attractions like Soarin' fast pass only. The stand by line is available, but only used to fill in empty seats if no one is in the Fast Pass line. This would allow Disney to give out many more fast passes.

Until 3pm each ticket holder can only get 1 fast pass for each E ticket attraction. This would make fast passes available later into the day and give everyone a chance at the cool rides.

#1disneyfan
02-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I personally love the Fast Pass system. We use it only for a few of the major must see's for our family. With that being said, there is one thing I would change...last July I waited behind Tour leaders multiple times while they put in upwards of 100 tickets at a time. I watched the Fast Pass time for EE go from 10 am to 4 pm in minutes. They truly need to put something in effect for tour groups. :thedolls:

HairyBear
03-01-2008, 05:29 PM
One thing I didn't think of before was that it may be possible for the park management to influence 'traffic' if one area is VERY crowded and another is not. The last time(February) we were there we waited in the Fastpass line for Space Mountain for 1hour.

RescueRanger23
03-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I like how the current system works, but I would like to see rides like Buzz Lightyear lose the fastpass. It's a continuously loading ride and it would go fast enough without any fastpasses, but all the fastpass does is slow down the regular line and waste people's fastpasses. That's just something that's been bothering me for awhile :D

Dakota Rose
03-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I liked the way DLR handled this the last several times we were there. If you bought a certain travel package or something, you could get multiple FPs at once. I don't remember if it was a ticket upgrade or a reward for booking through AAA. I don't know if this would work for WDW since more people go there and would likely be willing to spend $$ for the upgrade.