PDA

View Full Version : Abreviations

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 12:23 AM
There are many abreviations on posts what do they mean. Some I catch onto some I don't. DS DD, etc. I have figured out that Pirates of the Carribean is POTC.:party:

John
02-28-2008, 12:31 AM
There are many abreviations on posts what do they mean. Some I catch onto some I don't. DS DD, etc. I have figured out that Pirates of the Carribean is POTC.:party:

Hey HairyBear:

I think as a newbie, you'll find the boards search function very useful ;)

But since you asked here in the info kiosk - we strive to answer the question... and it happens the same question has been asked many times in this forum.

See: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121488 for many of the answers to your questions. It will point you to our INFO CENTRAL section and our Abbreviations list.

TTFN :D

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 12:58 AM
I figured there must be a solution!!:thumbsup:

laughingplace<3
02-29-2008, 08:21 AM
I went to the abbreviation page, and was just wondering... I have always thought DH and DW etc. were disney husband, disney wife. Not dear husband, dear wife. I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious to know if that is how people really use it or if it is more commonly used as disney ____.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I went to the abbreviation page, and was just wondering... I have always thought DH and DW etc. were disney husband, disney wife. Not dear husband, dear wife. I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious to know if that is how people really use it or if it is more commonly used as disney ____.

It is normally "Dear" or "Darling" for me.

BUT, when DH is in the doghouse...it can easily be a few other choice "D" words! :secret:

I think "Disney" is much cuter though!:mickey:

Carol
03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
I went to the abbreviation page, and was just wondering... I have always thought DH and DW etc. were disney husband, disney wife. Not dear husband, dear wife. It's Dear or Darling.

The abbreviation is used all over the web - not just on Disney boards. However, people can have it mean whatever they want when reading text. ;)

Marker
03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I guess I just hate to conform. I tend to avoid the use of DW, DH, DD, DS and prefer to use some unique groupings of letters called words. You know, "wife", "husband" (ok, I don't usually have a need to use husband), "son", "daughter".

I know, it goes against the norm. I guess I'm just a rebel. :D

Marker
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
However, people can have it mean whatever they want when reading text. ;)

Hmmm, never thought of it that way. They don't have to interpret it as the writer intended, they can use they're own interpretation.....

...my DD could be "my dingy daughter".
...my DS could be "my dirty son"
... my DW could be "decrepit wife"

There could be endless possibilities. :laughing: