PDA

View Full Version : ADR Process and Hard to Get ADRs

Princess2BsMom
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
I am preparing to make our ADRs in a couple of weeks. This will be my first time going through this process :blush: How does the process work? I know that CRT is a hard to get. But, what are some others that I might be considering that are also condsidered hard to get! I am getting excited!

DreamFinder2
02-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Honestly, if you're far enough out from your trip - I'm assuming you're 180 days away - you won't have any problems.

I know many posts on Intercot talk about having a tough time getting ADRs, but if you're a little flexible, you'll be fine. I don't recall any trip (keep in mind we almost always go at spring break/Easter, too) that I absolutely could not get an ADR I wanted.

Having said that, it seems like I read a lot about Le Cellier filling up, as well as places like Rose & Crown around IllumiNations times. Bottom line...be flexible and you'll be fine.

wdwfansince75
02-28-2008, 07:59 AM
The timing on ADR's is determined by your check in date....you can make ADR's for your entire stay on the day 180 days prior to check in...starting at 7 AM EST....

The problem I usually have is that all of our trips, and most of our ADR's are for 12 or more....there are limited tables of that size...sometimes have to split party, or accept inconvenient times.

Priortize your dining locations and times....then call as soon as you can.....be somewhat flexible....for example, if you want Ohana's or Cali Grill for Wishes, pick a day, but be prepared to ask for the same time for any day of your trip....

The view places....Rose and Crown for Illuminations and Cali Grill or Ohana's for Wishes, quickly book for show times...

and Chef Mickey's and the in park breakfasts sometimes book for early hours.....and especially on early opening days....Crystal Palace is a great way to start the day at Magic Kingdom, but for EMH mornings, consider hitting the park at 8 AM opening, then getting a 10 AM or later seating at Crystal Palace for breakfast....or use our approach, which is to have the Park Commandos do EMH, then rendezvous for a 10:20 seating at Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Faire.....do the same for EMH at AK.....EMH at 8, Donald's Safari Breakfast at 10:20....Lets DW sleep in, but gets us all together....

Have a blast....WDW is the only multiple choice with no wrong answers......

SBETigg
02-28-2008, 08:28 AM
This thread on making ADRs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=126414) might help, too. Best wishes with it.

Maleficent's Dad
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Other than the castle, I've been told that Le Cellier is the first to book up in terms of ADR's, so if you want to eat there, book it on the first day that you can!

SAHDad
02-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I didn't have problems making ADRs for our last trip, but I called at the 180 day mark. I got mostly the times I wanted; the only exceptions were for Crystal Palace and Le Cellier, but for both of those, I was making the ADRs for 13 people. And even then, I got within 30 minutes of when I wanted them, so that wasn't too bad.

auntfrannie
02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I just made ADRs over the weekend for my trip coming up in April and didn't have any problems getting what I wanted. I've never tried to for the Cinderella's breakfast so I can't speak to that. The hardest one for me in the past has always been Le Cellier.

This time I'm skipping that but have ADRs for Flying Fish (twice), California Grill, Jiko's, Narcoossee's (twice),and Artist Point.