PDA

View Full Version : Best Italian meal in WDW?

TanyaB
02-27-2008, 07:26 PM
My husband loves Italian food and we were wondering which restaurant serves the best Italian food and why do you think so?:mickey:

mook3y
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Sorry, can't tell you best. But can tell you that if you enjoy authentic Italian food.... Tony's in MK is not for ..... us.

Interested to hear other responses to this.

Oh and if you ever are going to be in Southern Calif, know a great place with homestyle Italian cooking in Tustin (15 minutes from Disneyland). PM for info.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Tony's - we ate there on our last trip for lunch and loved it. The food was delicious, the staff was great - some of the best service in Disney! and a nice atmosphere.

Natazu
02-28-2008, 02:50 AM
There are no Disney-owned Italian restaurants worth raving about. Now Il Mulino (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117852) at The Swan is quite amazing. The menu is as traditional as it is diverse from the bruchetta dip to the limoncello, the food is absolutely top shelf. My only gripe is the noise level.

diz_girl
02-28-2008, 09:43 AM
How about Citrico's at the GF? I've never eaten there myself, but I've heard that the food is excellent. Granted, it's Mediterranean (including Italian) food, and not the lasagna and noodles and gravy of your stereotypical Italian restaurant, so you might not consider it an Italian restaurant.

PETE FROM NYC
02-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I was raised Italian.
What they call Italian food is an insult to my heritage.

ThanxForNoticin
02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
For us, this answer is easy. The Portobella Yacht Club near Pleasure Island. You should check out their menu in "info central" and see if you like what they offer. We love it there - great food, great service, and a nice location (on a nice night you can sit outside by the lake). Have a great trip.

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 09:14 AM
For us, this answer is easy. The Portobella Yacht Club near Pleasure Island. You should check out their menu in "info central" and see if you like what they offer. We love it there - great food, great service, and a nice location (on a nice night you can sit outside by the lake). Have a great trip.

I never thought of Portobellas. Sounds great. Now I know. Being from Boston, we have the North End, and nothing compares to the North End.:eat:

big blue and hairy
03-02-2008, 12:24 PM
There are no Disney-owned Italian restaurants worth raving about. Now Il Mulino (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117852) at The Swan is quite amazing.
I have to disagree. Il Mulino was ordinary at best. Personally, I think it was less than ordinary. High prices for low quality food. Tutto Italia is pretty good. I read some poor reviews when it first opened and was hesitant about going, but they must have gotten it together, because they were pretty good.

:sulley:

big blue and hairy
03-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry, can't tell you best. But can tell you that if you enjoy authentic Italian food.... Tony's in MK is not for ..... us.

While I agree that Tony's isn't the best Italian food, DW and I go there from time to time, but more for the atmosphere that the authenicity of the food. :D

:sulley:

Polynesian Dweller
03-02-2008, 12:31 PM
We have always enjoyed Portabello and it is an annual must spot for us. However, it is not on the DDP like much of DTD. When you see the crowds in the place and taste the food you'll know why they don't need to be on DDP to get the business.

LilHooligan74
03-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I never thought of Portobellas. Sounds great. Now I know. Being from Boston, we have the North End, and nothing compares to the North End.:eat:

I remember a place up there called Saraceno's if I even spelled it right. The concierge at the Marriott Long Wharf got us in there, little hole in the hole but wow. It was 12 years ago. Aside from DW's aunt it is the best Italian food I ever ate. There is a joint in Myrtle Beach which is a close second though.
Anywho sorry for the diversion but I think we will try Portabello's, sounds good.

LilHooligan74
03-08-2008, 01:10 AM
I was raised Italian.
What they call Italian food is an insult to my heritage.
Its not spaghetti, its army noodles with ketchup.
HAHA

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 01:49 AM
While Tony's may not be the best Italian food, we did enjoy our time there this past February. We were with a party of 7, and every one of us enjoyed the dishes that we ordered. The atmosphere was nice, and we had excellent service The best part was my husband's dessert. He had the Chef's cheesecake, and they had drizzled the caramel sauce on the side of the plate into the design of Lady and the Tramp. It was almost too cute to eat!