PDA

View Full Version : Resort Mugs

jelloarms
02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey all. 3 more weeks till I am in WDW again! I'm so excited! Anyway I have two questions today reguarding mugs.

I know that if you buy a resort mug, you can use the mug for free drinks during your stay. I stayed at the All Star Music back in 2001. We will be staying there again this March. I know it has been a long time but do the mugs still have the same design? If so, I plan to bring along the mugs. Have'nt used them in years, it would be great to get use out of them again.

My second question is this. Halfway during our stay, we are going to have to switch over to the Carribean Beach Resort. Are we going to have to buy Carribean Beach mugs if we want the free refills? Or can we just use our All Star Mugs?

Johnno52
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
No! and No! You should have enjoyed your cup and savored the memories like we all do!:thumbsup:

Speedy1998
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
Check your Mug around the handle. There should be fine print there that says something to the effect of "Good for free refills until the end of your stay at the resort where purchased". So officailly you can not bring back your mug, and will need to buy a new one when you change resorts.

Unofficially, I have been told by a CM at the POP food court that as long as it is a Disney resort Mug you could get a refill.

eeyoremom
02-27-2008, 09:00 PM
The current mug is the year of a million dream mug, at all the resorts. I was told by a CM 3 weeks ago, that they can be used for the length of your stay, even if you change resorts. By the way they do not say at the resort where purchased. Quote off a 3 week old mug, "Free refills available at our Resort Beverage Islands until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased". I guess that is subject to interpretation- is the 'end of your stay' at WDW or at the resort where purchased. I personally do not like to break the rules, but I was clearly told to take it to other resorts. We spend a great deal of time resort hopping, which I told the CM, who responded with feel free to take your mug with you.

#1donaldfan
02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
NO and NO..........BUT...............I have seen people use old mugs for years now and I have never seen the mug police come out and take down the "mug felon".......I wouldn't do it, I've got mugs and they do great at home.......sorry, leave 'em at home and enjoy new ones.........:(

Jared
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
You are not allowed to use your old refillable mugs. Yes, lots of people do it, but that practice is explicitly against policy, and INTERCOT does not promote breaking the rules.

Leave your mugs at home, and buy new ones to enjoy the perk.

:tasty:

minnie1956
02-27-2008, 09:35 PM
NO and NO. The policy has changed, length of stay now means exactly that.

There are always those that will "get away" with reusing.

I'd try that, with my luck at that precise moment the "mug police" would bust me.
I couldn't stand the embarassment in front of my daughter.

Let's continue to play nice people!:hide2:

Jeff
02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Your first question is not as cut and dried as some have made it out. IF your mug does not have the posting under the handle stating it is a "length of stay mug" then YES, you may reuse it. The original mugs were sold as "lifetime" refills. IF your mug, and I think 2001 was still under the old policy, was pre length of stay you can bring it back with a clear conscience for the first part of your stay.

Second question is a clear no.

mook3y
02-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Check your Mug around the handle. There should be fine print there that says something to the effect of "Good for free refills until the end of your stay at the resort where purchased". So officailly you can not bring back your mug, and will need to buy a new one when you change resorts.

Unofficially, I have been told by a CM at the POP food court that as long as it is a Disney resort Mug you could get a refill.

The first mugs sold said this and were good "forever" Since then have changed to length of stay only.

IF so... use it forever!!!

If not, then you should not.

And right now. all resorts have year of a million dreams cups.

jszczur5
02-27-2008, 11:47 PM
quote deleted per TOS.

I'm not in agreement here.
If it's a "forever" mug - go ahead. If not - don't cheat. We're supposed to be setting good examples for our kids, if for no other reason.

Nascfan
02-28-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm almost 100% sure that 2001 was after the change of policy and your mugs are/were only good for length of stay. To be safe, I'd say buy new ones.

The post by Tiaramom is clearly against Intercot and Disney World policy. It is NOT bending the rules, but stealing to reuse mugs that were good for length of stay. It is also against I'Cot policy to promote such behavior.

Belle_0717
02-28-2008, 01:42 PM
I am SO against reusing the mugs on future trips. I have a wonderful collection and all with memories.

On the October trip, we bought the Year of a Million Dreams. If they are the same - I know it is against the rules - would it be okay to use them??? How do they know we were not at a resort previous to arriving this trip.

PirateLover
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes it's true you may or may not be able to use your old mug at your first resort BUT you definitely can't use it at the second one, So I would just buy a Year of A Million Dreams cup and be able to use it at both resorts. OH and BTW they may look smaller, but they hold the same amount of liquid. Plus, they are shaped so they fit in cup holders, so maybe you'll get more use out of them!

JPL
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
My second question is this. Halfway during our stay, we are going to have to switch over to the Carribean Beach Resort. Are we going to have to buy Carribean Beach mugs if we want the free refills? Or can we just use our All Star Mugs?

If you purchase the new mugs which have the standard YOAMD design and change resorts mid stay they are good at the other resort but only for the length of you urrent stay you can not bring them back on other trips. I asked this past January when I was changing resorts mid trip. I didn't ask any old CM I found a manager and asked just to be sure. He said as long as you stay at both resorts are consecutive days days mean you are not leaving All-Stars going off-site for a few days and then returning to another WDW resort.

Just a side the Mugs at CSR are not the YOAMD they are still the special design for that resort since I changed from OKW ot CSR t6he policy there is a bit different you can not use the YOAMD mugs at CSR. If you switch resorts to CSR you must purchase their mug then take both mugs to guest relations and they are suppose to credit back the $12 to your account and allow you to keep both mugs.Again this cam from a manager at Pepper Market but since I was only staying 1 night at CSR I didn't bother to test it out.

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 09:09 AM
This is our first year getting refillable mugs. We are looking forward to starting a collection of them. When we get our mugs home, it will be a nice memory and on the next trip, we will get new ones. Can't wait.:thumbsup::beer:

eeyoremom
03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
So, what is the end of your stay? The end of the stay at the particular hotel you are at, or the end of your stay at WDW? I am opposed to breaking the rules, but I feel they can be used at the second resort, if all on the same trip. I also feel that is partly why they are all the same now. I was also told that by more than one CM. What's everyone's opinion?

CandleontheWater
03-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Last time I was at POR, I saw a family using Dixie Landings mugs. I know its breaking the rules, but I did have to laugh at thier brazeness. They certainly were kickin' it old school. :funny:

JPL
03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
So, what is the end of your stay? The end of the stay at the particular hotel you are at, or the end of your stay at WDW?

The length stay refers to the length of your stay at WDW. If you switch resorts you can use the mugs purchased during that stay But they are not good on a retrun say later in the year or the next year.

JPL
03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I saw a family using Dixie Landings mugs.

Actually most of the Dixie Landings mugs had the lifetime Policy I know the ones I use to have were lifetime.

minnie1956
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
When we were at All Stars we saw a family fill a popcorn bucket and then pour the drinks into paper cups! I guess compared to the a mug is nothing.....
As Jiminy Cricket says: let your conscience be your guide. :mickey:

DreamFinder2
03-09-2008, 01:29 AM
So, to clarify...it sounds like this would be OK. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We are checking in to ASMo for two nights, then immediately resort-hopping to GF for 4 nights. We should be able to buy YOAMD mugs at ASMo and continue to use them at GF, correct?

I hate breaking rules...so please tell me if I'm wrong :confused:.

DreamFinder2
03-14-2008, 11:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone can answer my question - above. We're leaving tomorrow and was still wondering if the mugs will be the same at ASMo and GF.

Thanks!

Johnno52
03-14-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes! I did not see any individual resort cups in Nov or Feb trip.:secret:

Johnno52
03-14-2008, 11:55 PM
As other poster have said "its a length of stay cup" so you would not be breaking any rules as your visit is continuous. :thumbsup:

Genie1953
03-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Sorry, but nope you won't be able to use your old mugs again. :(
They are only good for the length of the stay in which you bought them. Now if you do decide to go ahead and buy mugs this time around, I believe you can still use them at the other resort. I recently saw another post about a similar situation. They told the cast members the situation and were allowed to continue their free refills at the new resort...HOWEVER...they did get less than favorable responses from other guests who thought they were using old mugs from a previous trip.

kakn7294
03-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Just a side the Mugs at CSR are not the YOAMD they are still the special design for that resort since I changed from OKW ot CSR t6he policy there is a bit different you can not use the YOAMD mugs at CSR. If you switch resorts to CSR you must purchase their mug then take both mugs to guest relations and they are suppose to credit back the $12 to your account and allow you to keep both mugs.Again this cam from a manager at Pepper Market but since I was only staying 1 night at CSR I didn't bother to test it out.I thought this was the case. We're staying at CSR in August and I'm debating buying new mugs. We haven't purchased mugs on the past few trips because of the dining plan - we didn't feel we needed them. I was wondering what all you can get at CSR in the mugs - I hear they are good at Siesta's (the pool bar). Are they also good at Cafe Rix - the new coffee place or at the Laguna Bar? If they are useful at multiple locations, it would be much more worth it to me.

Here's something else I was pondering for the future. My old mugs are from ASMusic and are of the forver variety but much of the picture has worn off as I use them on a regular basis. You can barely read the part that says ASMusic resort but it is there! Is it possible to still use them at the resort in poor condition? I don't want to break the rules but I don't want to buy new mugs either when I have the forever ones.