PDA

View Full Version : Is there CS at Port Orleans French Quarter?

Disneyatic
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Is there a counter service restaurant at Port Orleans French Quarter?
If so, what is the name of it and what are the hours?

Thanks for the info!

ibrowse17
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes, POFQ has it's own food court called the Sassagola Float Works. Not sure of the hours, but no matter when we went there, it was always open:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure of the hours either...maybe closed at 11pm or midnight...it was always open when we went!

It is good...pizza's, burgers, beignets, and a small section of prepared items, like fruit salads.

We never found it too busy, and quite liked the food and the friendly service.

Checkers
02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
:mickey:We are going to POFQ at the end of April and have stayed there in the past. The food court is our favorite of the moderates. Not sure of the hours either but we never found it closed when we wanted something.

#1donaldfan
02-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Yeah, they both have food courts which have very good and quick food. I think they open around 6 am and close around 11 pm ..... Not sure of the names, my memory is getting very bad...:cool:

Disneyatic
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Great! Thank you to everyone for the info.
I looked under info central and couldn't find anything listed so I decided to ask.

One more question, does POFQ have pizza delivery or only POR? It only states POR in Info Central and I thought it was odd if only one side of the resort had pizza delivery.

kakn7294
02-27-2008, 07:43 PM
They have pizza delivery - it's shared between the 2 resorts and is available from 4p to 12a. The food court is open from 6a to either 11p or 12a. There is also a small lounge open from 4p to 12a that serves nachos, wings, and fried cheese bites. POR is close enough that it's about a 10 min walk to their main building which houses another food court, Boatwright's TS restaurant, and another lounge which also serves a limited bar food menu.

Figment!
02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I looked under info central and couldn't find anything listed so I decided to ask.General dining info is listed in the Walt Disney World Dining Guide (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp) section. :thumbsup:

From Downtown Disney Resort Area (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/ddresortarea.asp) sub-section:
Port Orleans French Quarter Resort

Mardi Grog’s
Meals: Snacks
Hours: 11:30 am – 9:45 pm
Type: Counter Service
Price Range: Items Under $10
Advanced Dining Reservations: No
Cuisine: Cocktails and Snacks
Description: Enjoy a selection of Hot dogs, submarine sandwiches, ice cream novelties.

Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory Food Court
Meals: Breakfast (2), Lunch & Dinner
Hours: Continental Breakfast 6:00 am - 7:00am, Breakfast 7:00 am - 11:30am, Lunch 11:30 am – 5 pm, Dinner 5:00pm – Midnight
Type: Counter Service
Price Range: Items Under $10
Cuisine: Light American Fare
Description: This food factory pumps out baked goods, pizza, pasta, fresh fruit, hamburgers, fried chicken, Tex-Mex, and breakfast items.

Sassagoula Pizza Express
Hours: 4:00 pm - Midnight
Type: Delivery Service
Price Range: Most Items $15 - $30
Cuisine: Pizza
Description: This Orleans pizzeria brings its hot fresh pies straight to your room.

Scat Cat's
Hours: 4:00 pm – Midnight
Type: Lounge Service
Price Range: Items Under $15
Cuisine: Cocktails and Snacks
Description: This jazzy lounge serves up a full bar, specialty drinks, appetizers, sandwiches, salad, and soup.

garymacd
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
The only thing missing at POFQ is a table service restaurant. They had one called Bon Famille's, but it closed down about ten years ago. With the old Dixie Landings and French Quarter being so close, Boatwrights being very large and FQ being so small, there just wasn't enough business to support both. Wish I had eaten there at least once.:pout: