PDA

View Full Version : Worldshow Case/ New Countries

moe513
02-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Was worldshow case built to add additional countries. I dont see any room for expansion.

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I am pretty sure it was originally designed to have capacity for 10 countries. I remember doing a report on EPCOT back when I was in high school and believe this was the number I remember.

Scar
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Check out Google Earth. There is easily room for 3 more, another 2 if they squeeze them in, and a 6th if they replace Millennium Village.

Polynesian Dweller
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, I don't know for sure, but when it opened Morocco for sure wasn't there and I believe that Norway was also a later addition as well but perhaps someone else remembers that detail better. So there was expansion space built in.

Google Earth shows a large undeveloped space to the east of Germany that could hold a pavillion. And there used to be space between Great Britain and Canada though the building that was used as temporary space for the millenium is now there but perhaps it could be used or redesigned.

Aurora's Spindle
02-28-2008, 04:58 PM
There are currently 11 countries in the World Showcase; Morocco and Norway were both added in later on.

Here is something I found on wikipedia:

"Pavilions for Russia, Spain, Venezuela, United Arab Emirates, and Israel never made it past the planning phase. An Equatorial Africa pavilion was planned but was never built. It would have featured a large African presentation film hosted by Alex Haley. A small African themed refreshment stop is now in its place, known as the Outpost. After Disney's Animal Kingdom—an African-themed animal preserve and park—opened, any plans for an African Pavilion were dropped."

Personally, I would love to see a few more countries added, since it seems that there is room for them. Russia; Turkey; Holland; Brazil; or Argentina would be wonderful, IMO.