PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Picture Spot

DisneyTwinsMommy
02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
I am looking for a spot (that is hopefully not going to disappear ever) to take my boys picture during their first trip... A certain spot that I can take their picture year after year to see how much they have grown. Any ideas would be appreciated! :mickey:

Bella x3
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Near the Christmas shop, I believe, in Downtown Disney, there is a Winnie the Pooh statue-like display. You could have your kids sit on the log right there (If I remember right, it's Winnie the Pooh on one side, the log in the middle, and Tigger on the other side) and take a picture. I liked it. :mickey:

playdead88
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
we do a couple - every year we get a family pic sitting at the bus stop at our resort on the way one of the parks - since we stay at a different resort every year its kinda cool - we can always tell what year it was just by the bus stop - i also get one of my dd at the main street ice cream shop holding the kids ice cream that come with two round chocolates that they put on to make it look like mickey ears - we get one of my ds every year at star tours and we always get one of both the kids in front of the castle - kinda sappy but when we look back at the pics we're glad we took them :photo:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
My hubby and I have always taken a photo from one spot every time we go down and it's funny to see how we have aged!!:secret:
In MK, it's on the boardwalk in Frontier land, by the water. It has the castle in the background and is by, I think, a fishing hut. It has been great because you can see the different changes of the castle too.
Maybe it could work for you too! Good luck finding a spot.:mickey:

gauvin4
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
I make sure to take a picture of my kids in front of Mickeys house by his mail box. I never meant for it to be a tradition, but it has become one. :mickey:

Goofeygal
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Ours is always on Main Street with the castle in the background.:mickey:

Tick-Tock
02-27-2008, 06:32 PM
The Walt & Mickey statue in front of the castle.
The Roy & Minnie statue in Town Square.
With a character, like Tigger.
At the stock in Liberty Square.
In the maze at UK at Epcot.

Or how about with different "you must be this tall to ride" signs?

Hull-onian
02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
We take our picture right outside the train station where they have Mickey done in all flowers. Just right after you enter through the gates. We also get a good shot of the train station or sometimes the train. It is a great photo place.

trublueeyore
02-27-2008, 07:20 PM
We always do a family picture on the stoops, back in the streets of america at dhs. We don't have those here in Houston so it is really cool for the kids and we get lots of comments from friends and family. Also, who can beat, main street with the castle behind you!:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-27-2008, 07:30 PM
The Walt & Mickey statue in front of the castle.

I think this is a perfect spot! What a great suggestion. I'll have to remember that when I have kids.

You could also get a picture in some of the countries. We like to get one with Budha and one with the troll. There are several spots in the World Showcase that are great places to take pictures since they stay the same.

DisneyCrazyET
02-27-2008, 08:03 PM
We always take a picture:
with the snowman in DHS:snowman:
with Mickey and friends snow people DTD
with the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella DHS

Shugoondola
02-27-2008, 08:08 PM
My neice and I have our picture taken every year with the same pose in front of the 1929 Cadillac at the Grand Floridian. She's now as tall as I am!

:mickey:

WinnieThePooh
02-27-2008, 08:29 PM
We always take a picture in Epcot in the Mexico pavillion sitting on the water fountain. You can see how long there legs have gotten over the years.

myhappyplace
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Our family is from California, near Anaheim, so when I was a little girl we would take our yearly trip to Disneyland. I have quite a few pictures that were taken at the Swiss Family Treehouse, in front of the Ship Wheel. So when we took our first trip to WDW I had to take one there with my daughter. And like some of the others I have read, we never meant for it to be a yearly thing, it just has been.

#1donaldfan
02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
We always get a pic in front of MK, centered in front of the train station with the sign "The Magic Kingdom".......great spot !!!!

biodtl
02-27-2008, 09:22 PM
We always do the typical Main Street with the castle in the background, but we also do a silly one in Mexico with sombreros.

Tink#64
02-27-2008, 11:37 PM
We too do the obvious pic with the castle in the background, but another is in DHS with DS's on the props outside of Star Tours, and another is with in DTD in front of the Sea Serpent made of Lego's! Oh & we always get one on front of the hat at DHS! I just love that Hat! :blush:

lightyearfan
02-27-2008, 11:45 PM
here are my perfect spots for each park:

1. MK- Main Street USA right in front of the castle
2. AK- anywhere in front of the Tree Of Life
3. DHS- 1 in front of the Socerers Hat and the 2nd would be in front of Streets of America
4. Epcot- 1 in front of Spaceship Earth and anywhere in WS

Victor

Jaycee's Mom
02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
I took my daughter's picture by Minnie Mouse's mailbox when she was 3 and she had to reach up to touch it. We didn't go back until she was 8 and I took her picture in the same spot. Boy has she grown. We have gone every year since she was 8 and I always take her picture there and compare it to the previous year. She's 11 now and we'll be there in 17 days!!!

DisneyTwinsMommy
02-28-2008, 01:20 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions... i can't wait to try them all in 83 days!! :mickey3: :minnie:

FenwayGirl
02-28-2008, 04:02 PM
there is a great spot over by the Rose Garden in MK. The castle is in the background

GBBT
02-28-2008, 05:38 PM
We take one at DowntownDisney outside the Christmas Shoppe.There are cutouts of Tweddle Dum and Tweedle Dee and we get our boy to stand between them.He tries to make the faces they are making.Also at the end of Buzz Lightyear,Zurg is in a jail cell and he stands beside him.:D