PDA

View Full Version : espn sports week

mousehappy
02-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Does anyone know if the parks get really crowded this week because of the espn week stuff?

DDuck66
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I am going on Sunday and I have heard that DHS gets pretty crowded, but it is a lot of people standing and watching. I was told that most of the attractions were not to bad, but the area around the "Hat" was wall to wall. I do not think it overflows to the other parks, and I believe the event is just for the Weekend.

medic9016
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
It is only for the weekend starting on the 29th. DHS will most likely be the only park that is effected. From watching last year, I think most of the broadcast were done from around the hat.

Maleficent's Dad
02-27-2008, 12:21 PM
I was at one of the weekends (the original - it was held in late July, early August back then).

At the time, MGM was actually a GREAT park to be in - other than the area around the hat. There were little to no lines for the attractions since so many were there for the shows.

I don't believe it will effect the rest of the parks; beware, however, that any of the celebs and ESPN types (and their families) get front of the line access to everything. That was the only frustration we experienced!

pox24
02-28-2008, 05:02 PM
We went last year and it was mobbed. Go early to wherever you plan to go and make sure you have ADR's.