PDA

View Full Version : What is up with April 16th

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 08:41 AM
I just looked at all the scheduled events for April 16th in the Magic Kingdom and there are no parades or fireworks on April 16th. Anyone have any idea why?

mickey&missy
02-27-2008, 10:12 AM
according to disney.com (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/calendar/dailyview/index?date=04%2F16%2F2008&id=MKCalendarDailyViewPage) It's Pirates and Princesses Party. The Dream Comes True Parade is at 3.

MOJoe
02-27-2008, 10:16 AM
It's the Pirate & Princess Party. MK closes at 7 for regular day guests, the evening parade and fireworks will be for those attending the party. I hope to catch the fireworks from the Cali Grill, if i can talk my boys out of EMH at AK that same evening.

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 02:28 PM
That kind of bums me out. Our last day on vacation is usually spent in MK until closing. :(

Red Randal
02-28-2008, 09:27 PM
That kind of bums me out. Our last day on vacation is usually spent in MK until closing. :(

You could buy tickets to the Pirate and Princess Party. That would be a totally awesome way to end vacation as you could literally be the last person in the Magic Kingdom if you try hard enough. It's probably not the best idea if you've got an early flight though.

Don't let it ruin your trip though. Head over to a different park that night and start a new tradition! :mickey:

Von-Drake
02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
We will probably head to a different park and see where it goes from there. I the Pirates and Princess Party only occurred in just a portion of the park, or that only people with special tickets would receive the pieces of treasure.

CaptSmee
02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
We will probably head to a different park and see where it goes from there. I the Pirates and Princess Party only occurred in just a portion of the park, or that only people with special tickets would receive the pieces of treasure.

No, this isn't true. The P&P is like any other hard ticket event. Most of the MK is open during the event, except the smaller attractions (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, ect...). The "treasure" is actually just candy and plastic jewelry that anyone attending the event can go around and collect, similar to the treats handed out during the x-mas & halloween party. They host a special fireworks show, and the parade gets held twice during the night.

Von-Drake
02-29-2008, 02:56 PM
No, this isn't true. The P&P is like any other hard ticket event. Most of the MK is open during the event, except the smaller attractions (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, ect...). The "treasure" is actually just candy and plastic jewelry that anyone attending the event can go around and collect, similar to the treats handed out during the x-mas & halloween party. They host a special fireworks show, and the parade gets held twice during the night.

Sorry I meant to type "I thought the"
Just a type-o.

jefmblrd
03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
I've heard on a very reliable podcast that one perk of going to this party is that all the major attractions are open with little or no wait. I haven't been, so I can say personally-maybe someone with first hand experience will come along and say for sure. The way they were talking about it, reminded me of the old E-Ride nights. I wish they still had those.

TFrauts
03-02-2008, 07:05 PM
you can buy the tickets for about $58 and only visit the park from 4pm till midnight, instead of paying the full day, and the p&p tickets on top of that! This also allows you to do some other tings during the day, and you can still go to MK on your last day!

Melanie
03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
one perk of going to this party is that all the major attractions are open with little or no wait.

Yes, similar to the old E-ride nights, and the same as Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Of course, some nights (weekends v. weeknights for example) are more crowded than others.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Sadly, no more candy... some survey or something they said--parents said they didn't want candy being given out. Dunno who they asked on this one. So you get beads. Lots and lots of beads. On Jan 21 we got plastic gems too, but we went again on Feb 26 and we only got the beads and no little bag to put them in like in Jan...

Also, the parade only goes on once. I wish they did it twice... my DD loves seeing the pirates!

Captain Jack is also out and you can only see him at the parties. Be aware---LONG LINES for him unless you wait until the end of the night.

Von-Drake
03-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Just for the record, looks like we decided to go ahead and buy tickets for the Pirates and Princess Party! Must say I am really looking forward to it now.