PDA

View Full Version : Which TS to drop

Rodders
02-27-2008, 05:51 AM
The 180 day mark is next week so I am putting the finishing touches to my ADR wish-list. We have 14 nights and I have whittled my list down to 15 evening meals. I just don't know which to drop though :confused: We could bump something to lunchtime but I'm not sure if we would want to have something set in stone in the middle of the day nor am I sure that we have the appetite for 2 TS meals in a day.

Which of these would you drop or bump to a lunchtime slot?

Tonys
Brown Derby
LeCellier
BierGarten
Ohana
Mamma Melrose
Rainforest Cafe
Liberty Tree
Cali Grill
Hollywood and Vine
Narcoossee's
Kona
Artist Point

and we also have Hoop De Do and the Spirit of Aloha Shows

auntfrannie
02-27-2008, 06:09 AM
Personally, I would drop Rainforest Cafe because that's a chain that you can get pretty much anywhere, the wait times are really long, and there's really nothing special about the food.

However, if you've never been to a Rainforest Cafe and really want to try it for the atmosphere, then I would drop Tony's. There was nothing bad about it but there wasn't anything special about it either.

You have some really great choices on your list! I haven't tried Narcoossee's or Artist Point but they're both on my list for my April trip!

Kairi_7378
02-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Your post is making me hungry! If I were you, I'd drop one of these three:
1.) Rain forest Cafe
2.) Tony's
3.) Liberty Tree Tavern.
I wouldn't switch any of them to lunch for the reasons that you gave in your post. Good luck getting the times you want!

mgmnut
02-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Got some great choices there.

I would drop Liberty Tree first
Mama Melrose second.

Bon appetite

CanadianWDWFan
02-27-2008, 08:21 AM
Mama Melrose
Rainforest Cafe

Either one should go.

All the others are great choces!:thumbsup:

Tygger7
02-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Hollywood & Vine is a buffet, so I'd definitely consider dropping that. Mama Melrose would be a close second. As for switching to a lunch, maybe move Rainforest Cafe to a lunch.

You've got a lot of great choices...sounds like some really good food. :thumbsup:

goofysbabe
02-27-2008, 08:42 AM
I'd drop Rainforest- just not worth the wait!:ack:

eyoreswife
02-27-2008, 08:54 AM
i'm not a big fan of liberty tree so that would def be the one i would drop also i didn't think spirit of aloha was worth the money

auntfrannie
02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Rodders, are you using the disney dining plan? If so, I don't think the Rainforest Cafe is covered under the plan (if that makes your decision easier).

Rodders
02-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi Frannie, we are using the plan but we are already looking at paying out of pocket for several places owing to our 2ts meals. We really enjoyed the RF Cafe last time. We know it's a chain and many people aren't too impressed but the one near us in Manchester closed and it's too far to go to London.

I really appreciate everyone's opinions on this one. Thanks everyone :mickey:

brewcrew26
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
I'd drop Rainforest Cafe. I've never had anything spectacular there. But if you have kids the ambience is great and keeps them entertained through an otherwise lackluster meal.

Disneyatic
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I would drop Mama Melroses or change Tony's to a lunch, their lunch menu looks interesting and alot of the entrees are light.

DizneeFan13
02-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Since you stated that personally you enjoy the Rainforest Cafe, I would probably drop:

1. Hollywood and Vine
2. Narcoossee's (I've heard some good / some bad)
3. Tony's

I hope some of this helps

SBETigg
02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I would definitely keep:
Brown Derby
LeCellier
'Ohana
Cali Grill
Narcoossee's
Artist Point
Hoop De Doo

I would consider dropping:
Tonys
Mamma Melrose
Rainforest Cafe
Hollywood and Vine
Kona
The Spirit of Aloha Show

Rainforest Cafe and Hollywood and Vine were two of our most disappointing meals at WDW.

Belle_0717
02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Drop Rainforest.

Move Tony's to Lunch

mook3y
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
IMHO

Tonys - Would not bother with this one at all
Brown Derby - not worth 2 TS credits if on ddp
LeCellier - Yummy!
BierGarten - trying this year can't wait
Ohana - A MUST do.
Mamma Melrose - no idea
Rainforest Cafe - if you have been to 1 b4 dont bother.
Liberty Tree - one of the best character meals IMHO
Cali Grill - can't wait to try this year.
Hollywood and Vine - kids love jojo breakfast
Narcoossee's - our fav!!!!
Kona - breakfeast rocks, but we do Ohana for dinner. ;)
Artist Point - have not tried.

and we also have Hoop De Do and the Spirit of Aloha Shows

We are torn betweeen the two, i have another thread on these and hoop dee seems to be a bigger favorite.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Rainforest Cafe - it's a chain and the food isn't very good.

O'hana's, Biergarten and Tony's (for lunch) are some of our favorites. Those I would definitely keep.

Natazu
02-28-2008, 02:40 AM
H&V makes a good lunch.
Tony's and Mama's make for an awful lot of canned Italian food. I'd dump one of them.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 01:13 PM
My first thought was Rainforest then I saw most everyone else saying the same, so I'm just agreeing ...... :mickey:

DizNee143
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
i would drop rainforest...im sure theres one close to your home..that you can go to...

Rodders
02-29-2008, 04:56 AM
They closed the one near Manchester so now we are faced with a 4-5 hour drive to London.

Thanks for your input everyone, it's really given me food for thought :mickey: