PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone use

Tink&Goofy
02-27-2008, 12:19 AM
My contract is up soon, and we are trying to determine if we want to stay with the same carrier, what phones we want, and what services we want. So I got to thinking - how many people have internet access on their phones - and how do you use it? We had a demo for a short period at the start of the last contract, but found we did not use it. I think its something that you really don't think about much, unless there is really a need/reason.

So who has internet on their phone? How often do you use it? What do you use it for the most (business, personal, internet, email, etc).

DisneyDudet
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I have internet on my phone, but I only use it in emergencies only, like when we were stuck on the runway in December for my Paris flight. We were looking up the est time of departure and if our connection flight was delayed.

Other than that, I only use it do download ringtones and pictures. Some of the links didn't work, but that might be a settings issue I have.

I have Sprint and use a MotoQ.

Cinderelley
02-27-2008, 05:29 AM
I have it, but I never use it.

kakn7294
02-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I have it and I use it only occasionally. I use mine to check sports scores, play with my fantasy football team, check news reports, download games and ringtones, check weather reports at WDW when I'm there, and check-in for my SW flight when at WDW. I just learned that my home internet company has launched a mobile site so I can check my e-mail now as well although I'd only do that on vacation as well. I do not pay for a monthly internet subscription - instead, I pay by the usage. Since I really don't use it that much, it comes out a better deal for me. I have AT & T and an ancient (by cell phone standards) 3.5 year old LG flip phone.

PeachyGal
02-27-2008, 08:53 AM
DH and I just recently added the internet to our cell phones. He got a new phone in Dec and discovered the internet only to run up $45 in extra charges for the usage. It was cheaper to get the add on package of $10 that includes some text messages too.

I have it and have used it a few times, but I think he mostly uses it to check sports and all. I've tried to use it to log into my credit union, but haven't quite mastered that yet.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
My DH and I use the internet on our phones. We've had the same carrier for over 6 years - Sprint. However due to several problems with over the past year with them - billing and customer service - when our contracts up....we'll be changing carriers. Most likely Verizon. All of our friends who have AT&T always have problems with dropped calls. I can always tell which of my friends has AT&T because of this.

disneydeb
02-27-2008, 03:16 PM
We have it through Verizon, the only time it has been used is to download Disney ringtones.
:mickey:deb

Jeff
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I have it, but I never use it.

Me too.

conorsmom2000
02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I have it, though rarely use it - but, the times that I do use it, I'm happy that I have it! (if that makes sense! :blush: ) I really only use it to check traffic, sports scores, news, etc.

PirateLover
02-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I use it a few times a month. Usually for weather, scores, and downloading games and stuff. I use it a lot also if I'm on vacation and I don't have internet access I'll use my phone to check all my normal sites.

RedheadWriter
02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I have a T Mobile Sidekick with the web browser and use it all the time. I wrote my trip reports from the last trip on my Sidekick. I love it! My Sidekick has a full qwerty keyboard so I tend to really make use of my texting and internet capabilities.
I have NVER had a problem with T Mobile service and I have had them for the past 4 years. If you do international travel, T Mobile will work across the globe.

crazypoohbear
02-28-2008, 06:00 PM
My DH and I use the internet on our phones. We've had the same carrier for over 6 years - Sprint. However due to several problems with over the past year with them - billing and customer service - when our contracts up....we'll be changing carriers. Most likely Verizon. All of our friends who have AT&T always have problems with dropped calls. I can always tell which of my friends has AT&T because of this.

We had sprint and changed carriers to verizon at the end of December. In mid january I started getting collection calls from RPM looking for my sprint payment!!!
I was out of my mind, I hadn't even received a final bill and they were having a collection agency call me TWO weeks after I cancelled my service.!
I STILL have not recieved a final bill from SPRINT but I have recieved numberous phone calls from their collection agency. I have informed them that until I get a final itemized bill I will not be paying. I complained to the BBB via email but haven't heard back yet.
So Good luck when you switch! Be careful with Sprint.

Back on subject. I do not have the internet.