PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Disneyland/California Adventure

HairyBear
02-27-2008, 12:10 AM
I am trying to find out about resorts/hotels around and near the parks. If I don't stay in a Disney Hotel what are some good safe bets that are a good value?

NotaGeek
02-27-2008, 12:39 AM
There are several threads going presently that ask and answer your same question. My best suggestion is check out what's going already and if you have some more specific questions about area hotels let us know. There are lots of Good Neighbor hotels within walking distance of the resort but the most popular seem to be:

The Best Western Park Place Inn
The Ramada Inn Maingate
The Carousel Inn
The Park Vue Inn
Faifield Anaheim
The Candy Cane Inn

HairyBear
02-27-2008, 08:02 AM
I guess it's the same as someone trying to plan a trip to Orlando, I am just overwhelmed. I usually drive most places and to WDW even at 10 hrs. it doesn't seem t be a bad trip. But I can't drive to California. This puts a new wrinkle into my planning. I haven't flown in years and have heard that the security back up doesn't take as long to get through as it did right after 9/11/01. I'm not sure which carrier to use but I did hear somewhere that John wayne Airport is better to use than LAX.
Thank youfor the help !!

NotaGeek
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
John Wayne is closer,but depending on how important price and having a one-way flight is, LAX can be a better answer. There is a resort shuttle (not free) to the property from SNA or LAX, and renting a car is also very easy. Driving in LAX can be a scary, but if you aren't scared of that it's sometimes nice to have the car. I tend to just do the shuttle as I don't leave the property once I get there.

Security lines can be long, but it just depends on the time of the day/year and luck of the draw. Just remember to check all your toiletries or follow the stringent rules for carrying liquids and gels and you'll be fine.

disneymother
03-10-2008, 01:56 PM
The Candy Cane Inn is a nice place to stay. They also have a great breakfast in the morning, much better than most of the motels along Harbor.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 10:36 PM
i've stayed at the anabella and the anaheim plaza. if you have any questions about those two...ask away.

also, i prefer john wayne to lax.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Just so you know where I'm coming from I have been to WDW once and stayed in a value resort, but I usually make 3 or 4 trips to DL every year. If you are used to Disney resorts you may find most hotels across the street to be a little disappointing. I usually stay at Park Vue it is directly across the street and you can walk to DL and CA. The hotel is clean and the rooms are nice but not new. They also offer a free breakfast, just basic fare but Okay. If however you want a disney experience you will need to stay at a disney hotel. I have never stayed in one as they are to expensive for me. My point is it depends on your budget if you can afford the disney hotels then go for it, but don't pass up seeing DL if you can only stay across the street. I think you will find its worth the trip.:mickey:

laughingplace<3
03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I agree that if you are used to staying at a WDW resort, then you might be disappointed with the non-Disney hotels in DLR. I stayed at Paradise Pier when I went and I loved it. It's the cheapest of the three and I was highly satisfied. It is a bummer that the cheapest DLR hotel is a moderate at WDW ($130ish and up, depending on season), but I personally would recommend saving the extra bucks to stay at one of them, because it really is worth it.:thumbsup:

teamblackwell
03-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Hey,
We like the Best Western Anaheim Inn. It is comprable to a value like AsMo or POP at WDW. Its on Katella, across the street from the walk-way to the entrance to DL and CA. 5 minute walk max. Prices are nice for its location.