PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!! Easter party games for 100 Kindergarteners!

d_m_n_n
02-26-2008, 09:50 PM
YIKES, forgive me but I am still in a state of shock right now! DS's teacher asked me if I could come up with a couple of Easter games for ALL of the Kindergarteners for their party. Of course I said yes, but now I am worried. Does anyone have any fun, yet easy, games they can all play? I'm thinking of bringing on a couple more moms and doing stations (Easter bingo at one, pin the tail on the bunny at another, hot potato with an easter egg, etc.) but I need some ideas.

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated!! Oh boy, what have I gotten myself in to here?!?!?! :eek2:

disneydeb
02-26-2008, 11:05 PM
PIck up ducks or chicks for prizes

Decorate an egg station.

Easter bonnet making station.

I'll try to think of more to add later.

HairyBear
02-26-2008, 11:52 PM
How about the old Whit House classic the Egg roll?

Egg toss, kind of like lawn darts or horseshoes you have a target and everyone tries to get the closest egg to the target.

Cinderelley
02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
The church we used to go would mark off and area and lay down a bunch of hay. Then they would hide easter eggs in the hay. I don't remember how many kids we would let in at a time, but that would probably depend on how big the area was anyway.

jeddalynn
02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Here's a game I love because it can be done with EVERYONE, all ages, no matter what the size of the group and everyone gets a prize.

Its a variation of Hot Potato called "Pass the Parcel.' People may remember it if you ever went to camp. It requires a bit of prep, but its always a hit.

1) Start out with the prize. Ideally, a big box of candy with enough for everyone to have a piece. Set this aside.

2) On 3X5 cards (probably about 15) Write simple instructions a kid could do (i.e. do the hokey pokey, make the silliest face you can, do 5 jumping jacks, sing the national anthem, etc). One of the cards MUST say "Share with everyone in the circle."

3) The point is to wrap the candies many times with many layers (however many layers as you have cards.) You can alternate between boxes and different kinds of wrapping paper/news paper/gift wrap/paper bags. The layer NEAREST the prize is the one that says "Share with everyone in the circle."

4) The goal is to have everyone sit in a circle and start the music. Then they "pass the parcel". When the music stops, the person holding the parcel unwraps a layer and follows the instruction. This continues all the way down to the last layer, where the "winner" has to share with everyone in the circle.

This way EVERYONE participates and EVERYONE gets something. Since you're dealing with kindergarten kids, you'll need to have adults around to read to the instructions but that shouldn't be too hard.

I've played this game with a group of 50 mixed age kids ( 6 - 13 ) and it was a HUGE hit.

Good luck:thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, for 100 kids, your best best is going to be stations! There is no way that you could safely have all 100 kids playing the same games at the same time. I think that if you have stations, one could be a game of some sort, one could be a craft, one could be an egg hunt and one could be a make and take treat. A lot of great suggestions were given, I LOVE the decorate an egg! The local church in our neighborhood also does the hay egg hunt. The kids would probably like simon says, duck duck goose or hot potato. Good luck! Make sure that you have plenty of parent helpers too!!!

crazypoohbear
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
how about a egg carrying contest.
the old egg and spoon race.
an easter based scavager hunt.( either religious or bunny themed)
Give the kids a list of things they must find to earn prizes.
Who can blow the biggest bubble contest.

Mickey'sGirl
02-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Pin the tail on the bunny?

What about making little chicks out of cotton balls, yellow chalk powder and something like construction paper for beaks?

bunny ear headbands...... easy to make, and you could use more cotton balls if you want to fluff them up a bit

You can get some plastic fillable easter eggs at the dollar store and use them to do an egg toss into a big basket

I'll keep thinking.....

crazeedizneefinatic
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Seems overwhelming now but once you get started. Key is lots of help. There is no way for you to do it alone. For 100 kids I would suggest at least 10 stations. Keep it organized, 10 children at a station at once then switch. This is especially helpful with such little ones. I have organized tons of things for my son's school and stations with a certain time limit works, make sure of course each child has had a turn. Kindergardener's need lots of help keeping on track and sometimes with the games. We have always done our parties during school hours and if it was not so scheduled some children would have been left out. Good luck and have fun!

Almost forgot some games ideas: (all can be done on a tight budget)
Ring toss (soda bottles with some sand and rope)
bean bag toss (bean bags and a posterboard with cutouts)
duck pond (dollar store small pool and rubber ducks with numbers)
Bingo (almost all schools, I would think has these supplies)
balloon pop (children try and step on a balloon to pop it)

If you plan on doing a craft table, be warned, have extra extra help. Try and have the supplies large enough for little hands. Little gems and stars to glue almost always can guarntaee a mess, although fun for them. Just think about the clean up, especially on a time schedule and people to help.