PDA

View Full Version : Leave in 3 days - need help fine tuning dining

mom2four
02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
We are leaving for our 1st WDW trip on Fri. I was thinking about doing the DDxP but decided to stay w/DDP. So I need to cut back a few ADR's. Need help:

Fri: Akershus dinner
Sat
Cindy's Castle breakfast (thinking of cancelling)
Crystal Palace lunch
Tony's dinner
This is my dd's 7th b-day. Believe it or not she does not care about the castle. My oldest DD and I want to eat there. The 7 year old wanted Tony's really bad.?
Sun: Tusker breakfast, Grand Floridian Cafe dinner
Mon.
Whispering Canyon breakfast
Coral Reef dinner
my sons 9th bday, he wanted coral reef. he also wants beaches and cream.
Tues.
Hoop Dee Doo dinner
this is a must do
Wed.
Cape May Cafe breakfast
Chefs De France lunch
Boma dinner
Thurs
Crystal Palace breakfast

Thanks in advance!

eyoreswife
02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
if it were me i would drop the crystal palace lunch for two reasons first you are going there for breakfast on thursday (same characters) and second it's a buffet, you leave there stuffed and may not be very hungry for tony's that night, i would just grab counter service lunch that day,same thing with wed 3 big meals something should go there personally i would keep boma's it's one of my faves. and for your sons 9th b-day:party: you could hit beaches and cream for dessert hope this helps sounds like an awesome trip:mickey:

SBETigg
02-26-2008, 07:53 PM
I would skip Saturday's Crystal Palace lunch, too. That's a lot of filling food in one day and even if you cancelled the breakfast, lunch could fill you up too much to enjoy dinner. Plus, it's hard to get around the parks with stuffed bellies. The same with Wednesday's lunch. Three sit down meals a day can be hard to handle. You might also consider paying out of pocket for some of the breakfasts. I would keep all of your current dinner plans.

WonderlandsMostWanted
02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
I'll offer another suggestion when considering which ADR's to cancell... think about the time getting from one place to the next.. I notice one day you have Cape May (resort), Les Chefs (Epcot) and Boma (another resort) all in the same day. That's a lot of running around the world just for meals, particularly with kids.

My boyfriend, father and I went in Dec and had typically one TS meal a day. There were a few days we had 2 per day. So much of our vacation revolved around being in the right place for the right time because of dinner reservations, and it was SO much food, that we felt somewhat worn out from dining, and we're foodies!

My biggest suggestions:

A) Try to give yourself plenty of time between reservations, and stay aware of location and the effect it will have on your day

B) If you do keep multiple TS reservations per day, be flexible to change when it gets close to the time of the next reservation. If it's an hour before you're supposed to be at lunch or dinner, and everone's still full from their last meal, or isn't ready to leave the park, etc, don't feel like you need to make yourselves go have another big meal. Just make sure if you decide not to keep your reservation, you call Disney Dining and cancel ahead of time!

Most importantly, have fun! And don't let your ADRs dictate your vacation! :mickey:

WonderlandsMostWanted
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Also, I could never make 3 TS reservations at MK in one day... where would I fit in my Casey's hot dog?! :cloud9: hehe That's just me though :secret:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I like your choices. Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Tony's and Crystal Palace for breakfast. Those are some of our favorites.

Try Tony's trio dessert. It is delicious!

mook3y
02-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Definately getting from resort to resort can end up taking a lot of time! As stated, definately consider that in your planning.

Next, since you are on DDP, mainly you want to use the credits for dinners. Consider paying out of pocket for a breakfast if you think that you really want to do them.

Of your choices, Crystal Palace would be the first one I would drop.

Have a great trip!

Natazu
02-27-2008, 02:42 AM
I think canceling the castle is a good idea. Sun, Mon, Tues look great. I'm not that fond of Chefs de France so if it were me, I'd dump that lunch and have some crepes or something. Crystal Palace is a pretty good way to start the day. Make sure and have an ice cream for me at B&C.