PDA

View Full Version : Fave vegetarian meal @ WDW?

McLiberal8
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Hey, all!
I wanted to take a little poll of everyone's fave vegetarian meals at WDW, for all the veggies out there!
Where do you get your fave meal? What is it?
I would have to say my fave was the vegetable streudel @ Coral Reef, although I think this is off the menu now :(
I also really like the shrimp penne pasta (w/o shrimp) at the sci-fi drive in! With garlic, capers, plum tomatoes, baby spinach, and white wime topped with parmesan.. YUM!

Kairi_7378
02-26-2008, 05:46 PM
For CS, I really enjoyed the Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor House. The sandwich had humus, broccoli slaw, and tomato and was very refreshing. I have heard that you can order the chicken and bean salad at the Cantina San Angel in Epcot without chicken, and that it is very good.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the tabbouleh wrap in Morocco. It's really good.

aprilisis
02-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I love the veggie chili in the bread bowl at Columbia Harbor House, veggie burgers at Cosmic Ray's & Rosie's, the entire veg. menu at Jiko, and the sampler at Cali Grill. I love the hummus in Morocco, too. I love it all! :blush:

mudpuppysmom
02-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Not that this is a meal, and I'm also a meat eater, but at Sunshine Seasons two trips ago I was not in the mood for anything meaty, so I grabbed a tomato and mozzarella salad and it was VERY good!

Mickey 101
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
I love the nachos at the Cantina in Mexico (request them without the beef) and the vegetarian platter at Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. I crave them both after we get back home. :cloud9:

MissStyles
02-26-2008, 08:10 PM
1) The Vegetarian Unplugged @ California Grill

2) The Vegetarian Platter @ Tagierine Cafe

3) Vegetable Cous Cous @ Marrakesh

4) All the side dishes @ Boma

:tasty:

Belle_0717
02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I am not a vegetarian per se but I do tend to make healthier choices when I can esp at WDW.

@MK
- Veggie burger @ Pecos Bill's
- Lighthouse Sandwich @ Columbia Harbor House
- Veggie Chili @ Columbia Harbor House

@EPCOT
- CS @ Morocco including Platter and don't pass up the Couscous

@DS
- Stuffed Pepper @ 50's

@AK or DTD
- Rainforest Natural Burger @ Rainforest Cafe (don't recommend waiting more than 30 mins for a table though)
- Wolfgang Puck Express had a really good salad too but it's being refurbed

Heading down in 3 days 10 hours 9 mins and will search for MORE!

playdead88
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
yep my faves are the veggie plate at morocco in epcot and the hummus sandwich at columbia harbor house in MK - plus i love the veggie burgers! :thumbsup: this year we are trying the plaza at MK and the veggie sandwich on their menu looks yummy

52 days to go!!!

wendy*darling
02-27-2008, 03:52 PM
DH enjoys:
Tangierine Cafe in Morocco
Columbia Harbor House in MK
Backlot Express at DS

...but BOMA is probably the favorite. If you let the chef know you are vegetarian, they may make you this wonderful platter of goodies. Absolutely yummy- even for the carnivore in me ;)!

LauraF
02-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Jiko's is my #1 favorite place to go for vegetarian. it's so nice to have more than one option on the menu.

In no order of importance:
1. Maya Grill at CSR has an excellent roasted vegetable platter.
2. Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia HH at MK
3. Tangierine Cafe in Morroco - the veggie platter
4. Mama Melrose (HS) and the Eggplant Napoleon. (Yummy mushroom appetizer too!)
5. Beefsteak tomato stack at Le Cellier. (Pair it with salad or soup and it's a full meal!)

SurferStitch
02-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm not a vegetarian, but a great salad is the chicken and strawberry salad at the Plaza Restaurant in MK (of course, minus the chicken). The salad is huge, and would be great with or without chicken. You could probably have them just add more strawberries in place of the chicken.