PDA

View Full Version : Allocation of Rooms at POP

disneymad1998
02-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Good Evening everyone,

We are booked to stay at POP in September - and I have a few q's Ii could do with some help on....
Is there a better building or floor to stay ?

Is it worth faxing WDW to request a certain / building and is there anything you can do to improve your chances of upgrade etc.....

Does anyone have any other useful info on POP?

Hope you can all help!

:joy:

MauiMouse
02-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I've stayed here twice, I've stayed on the top floor and then the 2nd floor. I have to say that I like the top floor. The reason is that I'm a lite sleeper and nobody above you. So I always pick the highest floor available.

I've stayed in the 50s Section and the 70s Section as well. I liked the 50s Section, we had a little hike but we could go up to the 4th floor and watch Illuminations if we were back to the resort in time. The 70s Section is now preferred and while it's a short walk to the Lobby and Food Court, that really didn't matter much to me. I'm a walker so I have no problem being a little further away.

I've faxed them both times 3-4 days before arrival, it doesn't hurt.

Have a good trip & enjoy Pop Century. :mickey:

Tink#64
02-26-2008, 11:40 PM
We've stayed at Pop for our last 3 trips! We asked for a preferred room for our 1st visit & we got bldg #4 of the 60's section. Now we ask for this each trip! We were in the building that branches off to the back - behind the Play Do can. It's great! We have a view of HourGlass Lake & if we walk to the end of the walkway - we can see some of IllumiNations at night! It's a preferred location, so not a bad walk to the bus stops, food court, etc. I think some areas might be a shorter walk, but this is a very quiet & serene area! We've always been on the second floor (nice - you can climb the steps or take the elevator- depending on how tired you are!) with room numbers ranging between 4237 & 4247 - I think! :blush: We don't even have much foot traffic by our room! VERY quiet for all 3 of our stays! :thumbsup:

I place my request when I call & make the inital ressie & I follow up with a call directly to Pop a day or 2 before arrival! So far so good! Maybe just luck - but we've always gotten the same floor, same section, same building! :number1: