PDA

View Full Version : Original Contract Cancelled / New One Opened

PoohBear517
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
As the subject line reads, our original contract was closed/cancelled and a new one was opened.
Here's the background:
We decided to purchase SSR in November, 2007. We signed all the documents and sent in the 20% deposit. We're financing through Disney. Because of a few past credit problems, they requested an additional 10%, which we sent Fedex 10 days ago. The CM from the accounting dept confirmed she received the additional deposit on the 19th and stated that a new set of documents would be sent out to reflect the changes. She said the original contract would be cancelled and a new one opened. She also mentioned that any reservations that were made under the original contract would be transferred to the new contract - I wouldn't lose any of my confirmed reservations. I logged into dvcmember yesterday and noticed my new member number and contract number, but none of my reservations are listed!! :confused: I promptly called MS to confirm that I still had all of my reservations. The CM confirmed each one - I didn't lose any of them. But I'm still concerned that something may happen during this switch from one contract to the other and my reservations will be cancelled. The member site shows all my points still in place under the new contract - no points were deducted. Should I call MS again or wait a few more days to see if everything straightens out? We haven't received the new set of documents yet either, so it could be that once those are signed and sent back, the new contract will be updated accordingly. As long as I have my confirmed reservations and they don't mistakenly get cancelled, I can keep track of my points on my own.
What are your opinions / advice?

Kidsmom
02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
When we bought ours we changed our contract mid way through as well. We added more points before everything was final.

We didn't have any reservations, but it did seem to take a bit for the web site to show everything appropriately. I would give it another week.

I think as long as they said you were ok and you have a confirmation you should be ok. Sometimes it takes time for the info. to be updated.

Good Luck!

Johnno52
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
This is not about contracts but about how WDW says its on the computer but it its not! We had called our DME information months prior to our trip. 6 weeks before the trip we had no yellow tags. So I called and they still had nothing showing entered the info. 2 weeks before I called again and the same answer, nothing in the computer! I emailed WDW and got one back assuring me that the info has been entered and we are all set. Well guess what? at the DME counter we weren't listed! The CM did a search and found that they had spelled my name wrong on the original call, but it still doesn't make sense why subsequent calls didn't enter the system?! So if you can't see it keep thinking its not there, you're most likely are right. I would get it in writing!