PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about postponing . . . . .

Janet89
02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi, I posted yesterday about needing to travel in Aug. After the survival tips, I am really starting to think we would enjoy ourselves more if we can travel another time.

DH can attend a conference mid-Dec., but he is anti-Disney, so I don't know if he will decide to go. If so, we would stay on I-drive, close to the convention center.

We could also go on DS's spring break in 2009. When I spoke with DS's principal yesterday, she mentioned that they would possibly leave the spring break days rather than use them as snow makeup days (which is what happened this year). This would not be during Easter.

Or, if snow cooperates (LOL), end of May 2009.

So, I guess we have options . . . Anyway, as always, thanks to everyone here for the input. The Intercot boards are THE best!!

(My smilies aren't working. Sorry for the bland looking post)

murphy1
02-26-2008, 03:19 PM
End of May/beg of June is probably my favorite time to go now (I grew up near Disney and I avoid August and only go for short day to see Christmas stuff there). You could catch the Flower and Garden show and the crowds aren't too bad. I think Christmas is a neat time at WDW, but it just gets too crowded for me for an extended trip.

Are you near Marcelline? I would love to go there to see Walt's town!

Janet89
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Hi, thanks for your input!

Marceline is close to a three hour drive from us, and we've never been! Next time we're north of home, we'll have to make time for it.

January-2007
02-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I agree, May is an awesome time to go. We were there last May and the weather was absolutely lovely, plus the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot was so beautiful. We are definately going to return during that time.

I don't really care for August or September, too hot and too much rain. But the price sure is right...

If your DH doesn't really want to go and it would mean staying offsite, I would forego trying to go in December and try for a later time when you can stay onsite.

Good luck deciding and happy planning! :mickey: