PDA

View Full Version : Wishes from GF

DreamFinder2
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
:tink:
Has anyone watched Wishes from the Grand Floridian beach? I'm assuming it's a pretty good view.

Will there be "crowds" to deal with, or will it just be ME :cloud9:?

TammiMcMan
02-26-2008, 12:20 AM
:tink:
Has anyone watched Wishes from the Grand Floridian beach? I'm assuming it's a pretty good view.Actually, the beach faces towards the Poly and Epcot. You really can't see any of the fireworks from the GF beach. You'll want to either sit at one of the outside tables around Gasparilla's Grill (at the marina) or go out onto the resort boat dock.

Will there be "crowds" to deal with, or will it just be ME :cloud9:?The boat dock is fairly small and ends up being standing room only. There are about 10 tables outside Gasparilla's. If you don't get a table, you can sit in the grass at the end of the Sago Cay building or on the steps of the marina. Another hint, is to sit at the bar in Narcoossee's. When it's time for the fireworks, take your drink out onto their wrap around deck (only available to restaurant patrons). It offers a great Wishes view and if you time it right, the electric water parade goes by at 9:15 I think.

pox24
02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Watch it from Narcoosee's, inside or out. Its the best location from the GF. Unless you have a water view in an upper floor at Boca Chica. We've done it often.:thumbsup:

DreamFinder2
02-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Interesting...I had placed the GF so it was "facing" the MK. I looked on Google Earth, though, and it really faces more toward the CR.

Who knew???

Obviously some of you :secret:. I'll shoot for Narcoosee's to watch Wishes, I think.

SBETigg
02-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Interesting...I had placed the GF so it was "facing" the MK. I looked on Google Earth, though, and it really faces more toward the CR.

Who knew???

Obviously some of you :secret:. I'll shoot for Narcoosee's to watch Wishes, I think.

The marina and Gasparilla Grill are centered to frame the castle. It's a great place to watch Wishes with a view that is actually better than Narcoossee's because you can have a wider view. Narcoossee's has a nice view, but it's closer and the trees obscure some of the lower fireworks.

jillluvsdisney
02-29-2008, 09:20 AM
My Dad and I went to end of the dock past Narcoosies to see Wishes. The music and narration is played on speakers . It was very nice.