PDA

View Full Version : Crowd patterns after parades

momof3+twins
02-25-2008, 10:39 PM
If we see the afternoon parade, after the parade where do the masses tend to head?
I want to schedule the parades in but I want to avoid the busiest attractions afterward. Does anyone know this information for Magic Kingdom and the Studios?

HairyBear
02-25-2008, 10:49 PM
The only thing I know for sure is if there is something you want to do and not wait as long plan to do it during thee wait for and while the parade is going on. Afterwards It is pandemonium people running everywhere trying to make it to an imaginary shorter line.......:party:

MOJoe
02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I have never noticed a big problem around parade time at the Studios..... but Magic Kingdom! :thedolls: It seems that the MK afternoon parade attracts park hoppers from other venues, and also signals the end of the day for those who are hopping out of MK. Those who are staying tend to go right back to their favorite attractions, so Everyone is on the move. This creates chaos, especially around Main Street.
So my advice is to watch the parade from Frontier Land, and not fight the crowd.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-26-2008, 11:46 AM
I totally agree. Stay clear of Main Street and you will probably be OK. Main Street although the most impressive location is also the craziest. We usually try to watch in Frontierland on the side next to splash. While the parade is going on the lines at SM and TMR tend to decline some. If you are lucky grab a FP to one while you are waiting for the parade to start. After the parade ride one and hopefully then it will be time for your FP to the other? It doesn't always work out but, unless it is crazy busy it usually does for us.

momof3+twins
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Good idea for MK. We always watch from Main Street. And it is really crowded. I always like sitting on Main Street to watch the parade. How is the Frontierland location. Does it seem as "magical".

HairyBear
02-26-2008, 09:30 PM
You have it right, if you want to really enjoy the parade you can't beat main street. If you want pictures the lighting is better and some of the props aren't used in frontierland. I'm not a Gargoyles fan but I don't think there is enough room for him to spread his wings with all the trees.