PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Caribbean

Disney Yankee
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
My DS heard you get wet on POTC, is this true? :confused:

Piglet822
02-25-2008, 07:30 PM
A few water drops is all I've ever felt - it's not a water ride like Splash Mountain is.
My answer would be no.

Meghan
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
One time a CM put WAY too many of us in one boat (we were all friends, so it was sort of ok) and after the drop the nose of the boat dipped in the water a bit. Needless to say, those of us in the front row got sloshed pretty good! :D

Other than that I don't think I've ever gotten wet.

linedropper
02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
I have rode Pirates many times, And the only time I got wet is when i put my hand in the water!

Steve:mickey:

Camping Mom
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
I think there is a drip or two if you feel anything at all. Nope...dry ride.:coaster:

CaptSmee
02-25-2008, 10:26 PM
a couple little splashes at most...seriously...not likely to get very wet

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Last time I got a little wet (very little) when I sat in the front on the right side of the boat. It was only a couple of drops.

sillyolbear
02-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Maybe a little splash of water in the drop if the boat is heavy or one if the cannon ball effect is really pumped up, but nothing that wouldn't dry out almost by the end of the ride.

#1donaldfan
02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Nope, no getting wet unless the fire suppression systems lets go??????????????????

xipetotec
02-26-2008, 03:44 PM
My DS heard you get wet on POTC, is this true? :confused:

Yep and it also goes upside down three times :D:silly:

Walt Lucas
02-26-2008, 05:48 PM
i think you get more wet passing the waterfall on the jungle cruise

HairyBear
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
In the old days I remember getting soaked everytime on POTC. I think Meghan hit the nail on the head by saying there were too many people on the boat. In the early days of Disney they filled the Boats up more. I think our whole family of 4 took u 1 row in the boat. People didn't seem to challenge the cast members as much when asked to do something. One obvious example is the theatre type attractions when they ask you to move all the way to the end of the row and not stop in the middle. I have actually witnessed a few people arguing LOUDLY with cms about this.

jszczur5
02-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Yep and it also goes upside down three times :D:silly:

Too funny.
Now tell the truth, you get absolutely soaked when you go through the water curtain at the beginning of the ride.:secret:

NJ Camper
02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
WET hahahaha not even close more like damp as said before a couple of drips would be alot still love the ride :D

linedropper
02-27-2008, 01:08 AM
I read these and laugh, Pirates is a dry ride! Like the monorail!

Steve:mickey:

Carol
02-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Not in Florida - but you can get wet on the original version in California. :rain:

garymacd
02-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Nope, no getting wet unless the fire suppression systems lets go??????????????????

Off topic, but, fire sprinkler systems do not work the way you see them in the movies. Only the sprinkler heads affected by the fire or damage let go; in most standard configurations, the whole system doesn't turn on and soak everything and everyone.

Having said that, you really don't want to be under a sprinkler head when it lets go. The stagnant water in those pipes is black, smelly, slimey and basically disgusting!

I would rather get a little wet from the drop on the ride.

Darin M
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
You never get soaked, and sometimes you don't get wet at all, however, there were a few times that I did receive a sprinkling, or a small splash.

Mikey Piano 23
02-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Not wet...just fun.

DisneyGiant
02-27-2008, 06:27 PM
I've been known to sit on a "wet" seat or two while riding on this attraction!!

Maybe if you get a "boat" that had traveled with no one on it - and it got splashed on - then you sat on it ...... you'd get a little wet?

I've also gotten "sprayed" during the beginning battle.......

mook3y
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
One time a CM put WAY too many of us in one boat (we were all friends, so it was sort of ok) and after the drop the nose of the boat dipped in the water a bit. Needless to say, those of us in the front row got sloshed pretty good! :D

Other than that I don't think I've ever gotten wet.

LOL had the right side dip under once and got drenched. But out of 100 rides or so.... that was only time

dizknee531
02-27-2008, 10:29 PM
:mickey:been on many times... the only thing i can think of is when you go down the little slope into the pirate fighting seen there might be a little mist, but nothing that stays with yoy like splash mountain.

beksy
02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
We sat in just about every row this last trip and I never got a drop on me. I was on the left every time except once, though. My sister always ended up on the right side of the boat and she got sprinkled lightly a few times when the cannons went off. Not enough to get her wet but enough for me to laugh at her! :thedolls: