PDA

View Full Version : Attention POP Fans!

Dreamin_of_Disney247
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Are there any hidden gems or fun hidden things to do at POP? We are going in June and it's our first time stayin' at the POP!:mickey:

tiaramom
02-25-2008, 04:25 PM
I can tell you this-
The best things at pop are:
The very large food court. The foods offered here are plenty. The grab and go areas offer plenty of items to choose from also. It is the very best food court at of all the disney resorts. They even offer apple juice on the refill mugs. The shoppe is amazing too- lots of items. There really isny muc h as far as activities. This is still a value resort. I love it !
It is always hoping. All buses are direct to parks- though very very c rowded.

tinklover
02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Thank you for that info , We too are going in June and it will be our first time staying at POP when in june are you going we will be there the 5th - 10th

ltam16
02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
If you are with kids there is a pop jet fountain payground. The kids can run around and water pops up from the fountains. My kids loved it.

They also loved that there were tvs in part of the food court area and they watched cartoons while we ate. They never eat & watch tv at home so it was a treat!

If you get to the pool early, they have an opening ceremony. Some kids have been asked to participate.

Once in the lobby, all the CM's came out and did the hustle. I think it is done at a special time of day...not too sure.

They have a braiding & tattoo station & a cartoonist. I don't know what the cost was.

DisneyTwirler13!
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
When we went for TwirlMania! and stayed there, a lot of people liked to play games like tag or lava monster on the keyboard next to the computer pool in the 80's, 90's section. We also liked taking funny pictures next to the foosball thing and stuff like that, and swim in the flower pool. The main building is very nice too, with the caricaturist and the awesome store that we spent a lot of time in buying candy. The jet squirt section is cool too.

Taja
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
On the resort exit from the lobby (toward the Hippy Dippy Pool) they post children's activities most days--at least when we were there in December. Most aren't elaborate, but some looked like they might be fun! The young lass in our group was visiting WDW for the first time, so she was more interested in the parks--and swimming in the pools! :)

Pop Centurion
02-25-2008, 07:42 PM
There's also a small room at the end of the lobby where the doors are for the DME. In that room a TV plays classic Disney cartoons. Last year when we went in Sept they were playing all Donald Duck which is coincidentally my favorite. My GF had to drag me out of there a few times :D
Also a nice stroll around the resort at night is always relaxing.

Crow
02-25-2008, 08:06 PM
check the walls in the lobby.
go on the bridge across the lake.
look for Illuminations fireworks if you are in the 50s area or 60s facing the lake at night.
there is a bar "Classic Concoctions" inside by the food court/gift shop area. they give a 20% discount if you have DDE
I will be arriving at POP in around 14 hrs for a few nights

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-25-2008, 08:54 PM
i hate the pop

dbud83
02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
There isnt really any hidden gems at the POP.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Don't forget about the cement twister board in the 80s-90s area! Those are fun if you're looking to kill some time. Great for all ages!

Chris :hatter:

Sylvia
02-26-2008, 12:16 AM
There are some great hidden wonders to discover. Here are just a few:

Take a walk on the promenade along Hourglass Lake and read all of the nostalgia signs. This is one of the main reasons that POP is my favorite value resort. I always enjoy finding a quiet bench, watching the water, and daydreaming.

Try the Tie-Dyed Cheesecake or the Twinkie Tiramisu at Everything POP.

When was the last time you saw a swimming pool in the shape of a bowling pin? Look closely at the pool deck - it resenbles a bowling alley. The laundry building looks like a giant bowling shoe rental location.

Look at the shadowboxes located across from check-in. There is one for each decade from the 50s to the 90s. You just may see many items that you grew up with. Talk about nostalgia!!!

Take a walk throughout the resort. You'll be surprised at what you may find.

POP Century is a wonderfully-themed resort. Have a great time discovering the magic. Even when I'm not staying at POP, I always visit the resort for some quiet time away from the theme parks.

NJDad
02-26-2008, 05:06 AM
At some point in the day our DS ended up in a "Big Wheel" race at the 70s building.

There's a ping pong table near the 60s pool. If you're like us and can't figure out where to get a ping pong ball there's actually a vending machine at the outdoor bar, I think they're 50 cents. (BYOPPB?)