PDA

View Full Version : Can you make AAA room-only reservations through WDW?

ldc12377
02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Can you make your AAA room-only reservations through Disney or do you have to call AAA? My AAA agent isn't very friendly or I'd like to just call straight to Disney to make the reservation. Has anyone done this or will I not get my discount if I call Disney directly?

vamaggie
02-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Why not use Magical Journeys? They can get you AAA room only discounts and they are WONDERFUL to work with. They are often (in my experiences) more knowledgeable than many Disney CRO CMs. And they sponsor Intercot. Find their link up on the left.

RoosMomKanga
02-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I just used AAA discount room only through WDW. The only reason to go through AAA is if you need to book a room/ticket package. Room only is fine through WDW Central Res. (don't forget to bring your AAA card as you'll need to show it at check in).

ibrowse17
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I have done so on our last trips using MJ. I use them, and they figure out which discount (AAA or AP) will work best for me.:thumbsup:

felix18
02-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh do not go through WDW, call Magical Journeys and you will get all the discounts and all the help there is to be had. Those people are wonderful to work with, will answer all of your questions and continue to watch for any and all discounts for you. I have used them several times and have always been very pleased, with AAA I have had to tell them about the discounts and with WDW Travel I don't always get the help I am looking for. Good luck and have fun :mickey:

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-25-2008, 05:11 PM
We used AAA one time before the magic your way tickets were available .We did save a little money on our park tickets and got a diamond parking pass,but I dont know how much you could save now with the new ticketing and all.

KylesMom
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
I noticed through your signature that you're going in June - are you looking for AAA room-only rates for this particular trip?

It's worth noting that Disney only provides for a certain amount of room-only reservations under the AAA discount - I'd call either Magical Journeys or Disney immediately to see if any are available. As everyone else has mentioned, for a room-only discount you don't need to go through AAA. :mickey:

jennsky
02-25-2008, 10:04 PM
I always like to book my own trip...kinda makes me feel like I'm fully in charge of my trip, and I always get my AAA discount when I book directly through WDW. As I understand it, there only are a certain number of AAA rooms available at a given resort at a given time though, so keep that in mind. I called one year to book a room at POR and they found what I wanted, but then I remembered that I needed to mention that I had AAA, at which point she looked and said there were no rooms left available at POR for the AAA rate, so I ended up with a room at POFQ instead. Not a big deal though...personally I think I enjoyed being at POFQ even more so than I would have enjoyed POR, so it all worked out in my case. Have a good time! :number1:

Tink#64
02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
In planning for our first trip, I called my local AAA office & I was told that there were no AAA discounts for the value resorts! I called Disney myself & booked room only & after getting the price for the room, I told them that I had AAA & was there a discount available? YES! This is how I've booked every trip! Then I purchase my tickets during the same call - but not a package. We would never use the "extras" are that come with a package & drive the price up! Once I did inquire about the Dining Package and was told that I could change my ressies & add the dining plan, but that I would not get the AAA discount on the room.

I hope this helps!

momof3+twins
02-28-2008, 01:34 PM
I have always called Disney directly. Do it early enough to still get the discount. They don't last long. OR Magical Journeys will take care of it. And they are REALLY nice!

FenwayGirl
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I too have booked my Room only AAA rates directly with WDW...Never a problem